• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Funny thing happened today-- I was informed by a gun store employee I no longer needed a bore lock to pick up a handgun after release from jail. The employee told me the orange Glock cable lock was the new standard for handgun transfer from FFL to buyer in MD. Is this true?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Funny thing happened today-- I was informed by a gun store employee I no longer needed a bore lock to pick up a handgun after release from jail. The employee told me the orange Glock cable lock was the new standard for handgun transfer from FFL to buyer in MD. Is this true?

I just picked up a pistol at my LGS, and they said they could let me go out the door with only the Glock-provided cable-padlock-thing BECAUSE THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK ON THE BORE LOCKS. And they had to show that they called me when they were in stock so I could come by and pick it up, since I'm owed one.

Just like the reusable grocery bags I never remember to bring into the store with me, I've got a bushel of various bore locks that keep piling up and I can NEVER remember to bring one with me when I'm Not Disapproved. I don't even care if I can save a few dollars, I just hate for the FFL to have to do the stupid dance when the factory provides something perfectly reasonable.

But that was the first time in forever that I've walked out without the spurious extra nonsense bore lock, and was instead sent on my way with a promise I'd be contacted when it was available. Given the pace at which shops are selling everything that can go bang, I'm not surprised to find the retailers caught off guard on these stupid mandatory items.

You just know the MDSP could have said "no bore lock no takey delivery," but someone must have accidentally said something sensible over the phone and the dealer hung up before anyone could change their mind.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I just picked up a pistol at my LGS, and they said they could let me go out the door with only the Glock-provided cable-padlock-thing BECAUSE THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK ON THE BORE LOCKS.

You just know the MDSP could have said "no bore lock no takey delivery," but someone must have accidentally said something sensible over the phone and the dealer hung up before anyone could change their mind.

The first thought does not seem to be the case at this particular venue. I asked and they had the bore locks in stock--- I was actually trying to prepare ahead of time for picking up a new pistol this weekend--- so I wouldn't be caught without one.

The second thought seems a more likely scenario--- unfortunately

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    When I got a new Glock a month or more ago, there was no talk of such things. I will not name the store, but it was my first handgun purchase in this communist state. Man.....wish I could find a good paying job back in my home state of NC

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Last handgun I bought, the store was out of bore locks, but they told me they'd call me when some came in. I walked out of the store without the lock. Sure enough, they called me in a couple of months to come pick up the lock.

It seems to be a joke of a law.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    FOR the RECORD, No Merry Land Gun Law has ever been re-pealed...

BEFORE the Handgun Law took effect, you could NOT buy a Glock or ANY Hand Gun WITHOUT a built in LOCK...

The Laws stay on the books for 100 plus years...

You live in "The State of Perpetual Denial"..

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    One place I went to let me hold their bore lock walk to the door, then I gave it back to them outside the door. It's a BS law anyway.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    FOR the RECORD, No Merry Land Gun Law has ever been re-pealed...

BEFORE the Handgun Law took effect, you could NOT buy a Glock or ANY Hand Gun WITHOUT a built in LOCK...

The Laws stay on the books for 100 plus years...

You live in "The State of Perpetual Denial"..
    BS

I personally worked alongside others to get the fracking "shell casing" and "WCP renewal fingerprints" laws repealed on behalf of MSRPA.

I know people here constantly say "too little, too late", "miniscule, not a victory", among other ******** responses, but to say nothing has been repealed is utterly crap, Devil Dog.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom