• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Prices are coming down on some AKs on the second hand market. Few local around here for 600 (wasrs and a maadi)

If its a good one keep it.

I just bought a WASR on impulse for $1000 from a local gun shop last week

They are charging 75 bucks restocking fee if I want to return - do you think I should just stick with it or should I take the $75 hit and wait for a better deal to come around ($7-8oo) ???

Prior to the purchase I knew nothing about AK's and really only bought it because I was afraid I would never come across one again.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Well, you could've saved yourself $200 and change by buying one from Lou today at Timonium. Don't know if he's got any more or not.

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    Keep it as its not worth the hassle. You will never remember that in a few years and you'll have a blast with it shooting. Ak's are fun guns, and its not like you will have a whole lot of time to wait to purchase a new one. Besides, in 10 years whats $250-300?

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Keep it as its not worth the hassle. You will never remember that in a few years and you'll have a blast with it shooting. Ak's are fun guns, and its not like you will have a whole lot of time to wait to purchase a new one. Besides, in 10 years whats $250-300?

You've obviously never heard of the term "compound interest" lol

Keep it, shoot it, smile. I've overpaid for a few in my collection. Oh well.

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    Biggest thing I would check previously said) but sights and mag well. Ask to put a steel AND plastic tapco mag in. Some guns just will not shoot the plastic mag. Check side to side mag play but also the up and down. Have seen more then a few century AK's with just horrible mag play. So much you have to change out the mag catch. Also check the gas tube is tight against the gas block. Good luck. I'm sure you will still be happy with your purchase after that first mag is empty.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I would return it and chalk it up as a bad learning experience. Buy something that is crafted to perfection.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I would return it and chalk it up as a bad learning experience. Buy something that is crafted to perfection.

no such thing with AK's 9 out of 10 times. I have had many different 'high end' Aks that came with canted FSB, gas block, RSB. Keep in mind the country of origin

People who know more than I do tell me that Poland and E. Germany had the best fit and finish. not that it matters because we can't get those anyway (besides the archer/beryl)

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    no such thing with AK's 9 out of 10 times. I have had many different 'high end' Aks that came with canted FSB, gas block, RSB. Keep in mind the country of origin

People who know more than I do tell me that Poland and E. Germany had the best fit and finish. not that it matters because we can't get those anyway (besides the archer/beryl)

The Cubans make a pretty good one... the cigars aren't too bad either. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom