• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Okay gents got a couple questions concerning transporting NFA items on an NFA Trust to/from my uncle's place in Pennsylvania.

1. For question one, have people been putting their trust name or actual full name?

2. For question three, is one year still acceptable by the ATF (e.g. 06/25/2014 to 06/24/2014)?

3. Do questions nine, ten, and eleven only apply to import/export in/out of the United States? If so, do we just leave them blank?

3. Since this is a transport for "target and sport shooting events", question nine requests a "State Department License". What the hell do we put there?

4. For questions ten and eleven, for a personal automobile I take it would be the road/interstate you would cross state lines?

I'll be calling the NFA branch on some of these questions anyway, although I would like to know your guy's take on some of these questions. Also has anyone received any push back from the ATF over the new laws post Oct 1st? Do we really have to worry about reentry and the firearms violating MD law? I think not, but it's something we should be asking. The items are both SBR's and machineguns. Thanks guys.

ATF Form 5320.20

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    2. For question three, is one year still acceptable by the ATF (e.g. 06/25/2014 to 06/24/2014)? Yes

3. Do questions nine, ten, and eleven only apply to import/export in/out of the United States? If so, do we just leave them blank? Yes

3. Since this is a transport for "target and sport shooting events", question nine requests a "State Department License". What the hell do we put there? Not applicable to you

4. For questions ten and eleven, for a personal automobile I take it would be the road/interstate you would cross state lines? Not applicable to you

Could only answer a few, I have never transported under my trust name only as an individual..

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Yeah I think for question one I'm going to put the following:

<full name>, <trust name>, trustee

This way the ATF will be able to correlate the request to my trust easier. Although, I'm still wondering if anyone has tried putting just their trust name for question one.

Wayne1one,

Not to question your previous post, but are you 100% sure questions 9, 10, and 11 are N/A to us normal shmucks? The reason I'm asking that, is that I could of swore I saw someone's Form 20 a couple years ago and they had entered in the actual route they would be driving. I dunno, the memory is a little fuzzy. Thanks though.

Just a notable observation, there's very little guidance online, even on other forums, about filling out the NFA transportation From 20. I thought that a bit odd. However, there's a whole bunch of info and guidence on how to fill out Form 1/4's.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    For #1 need trust name "WXYZ Trust". I orig used my name and the examiner called me and had me resubmit w/ just the trust name. The trust is the registered owner not me. For #8 I put "driving a car" Left 9,10,11 blank as its NOT being temporarily exported. It was approved.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Submitted mine today. Signed with my name, and included a copy of the approved Form 1. Addressed it to the attention of the examiner who approved my Form 1.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Submitted mine today. Signed with my name, and included a copy of the approved Form 1. Addressed it to the attention of the examiner who approved my Form 1.

Is it necessary to include a copy of your approved form 1? The instructions don't say anything about this.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Sorry for the late update. I received my approved Form 20's a couple weeks ago for a whole bunch of pre and post Oct. 1st NFA items (<29" OAL, etc.), traveling to PA. Good for one year under my trust name.

So... no problems there.

racerbob66

Nov 19, 2009
    North East, MD
    I combined 2 non-trust guns and 1 trust gun on my 5320.20 and put my name on the form, I didn't mention the trust. I received the approved form this week.

I didn't think about mentioning the trust until after I mailed the form. Apparently there is no consistency at he ATF, :lol2:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Need to transport to PA next month so I'm doing my first 5320.20.

I put my trust name as the Manufacturer of the firearm correct? These are all form 1 trust owned items.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Only if you were the original manufacturer (e.g. 80% AR lower). If not, you put whoever originally built the firearm (receiver).

Thanks. Now I just need to find the street address I'm going to. Been searching for an hour but no luck. Turning "York County FOP Lodge 73 Range
    York, PA" into an actual address is turning into quite a task!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    According to their website (http://yorkfop73.org), that is their address. So that's what I'd use. Or, since we're dealing with ATF, if you wanna be sure, why not ring them and ask if they have an alternate address?

Just fyi: When I do a 5320.20, I add a semi-colon after the address and add: "any locations within state".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom