• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Okay gents got a couple questions concerning transporting NFA items on an NFA Trust to/from my uncle's place in Pennsylvania.

1. For question one, have people been putting their trust name or actual full name?

2. For question three, is one year still acceptable by the ATF (e.g. 06/25/2014 to 06/24/2014)?

3. Do questions nine, ten, and eleven only apply to import/export in/out of the United States? If so, do we just leave them blank?

3. Since this is a transport for "target and sport shooting events", question nine requests a "State Department License". What the hell do we put there?

4. For questions ten and eleven, for a personal automobile I take it would be the road/interstate you would cross state lines?

I'll be calling the NFA branch on some of these questions anyway, although I would like to know your guy's take on some of these questions. Also has anyone received any push back from the ATF over the new laws post Oct 1st? Do we really have to worry about reentry and the firearms violating MD law? I think not, but it's something we should be asking. The items are both SBR's and machineguns. Thanks guys.

ATF Form 5320.20

1. Trust name
    2. Yes
    3a. Yes, leave blank
    3b. Not exporting, leave blank
    5. Not exporting, leave blank

I've done multiple forms this way this year. No problems.

ETA: Never mind. Just noticed this thread was raised from the dead.

RB5082

Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks Fred - to me it sounded like there had been a ruling on trusts, sorry, did not think thy reference was to SB281. Thanks for clarifying!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    So... under section 7. you put the following:
    7. Transporting to (number, street, city, county, state, and zip)
    Number and Street Address
    <destination street address>; Any Locations within State
    ???

See below

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 296

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I believe that the NFA only wants the address of the storage location in the state you are transporting to temporarily. I just renewed my annual forms for transport, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try the "any other location" but it seems unnecessary.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The one I've got was downloaded from ATF's website a long time ago. They may've updated the form since then. But since you input the same info on both versions (they're just formatted differently), I can't imagine it'd matter which form you use as long as you follow their instructions and they get the info they want. If in doubt, ring ATF.
    Attached is a copy of the form I've got in case you wanna give that one a try.

Attachments

• 5320-20.zip
      721.6 KB · Views: 81

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    fred333 said:
    The one I've got was downloaded from ATF's website a long time ago. They may've updated the form since then. But since you input the same info on both versions (they're just formatted differently), I can't imagine it'd matter which form you use as long as you follow their instructions and they get the info they want. If in doubt, ring ATF.
    Attached is a copy of the form I've got in case you wanna give that one a try.

Thank you sir! That version makes it easier to enter in that statement.

However, be a little careful. In the submitted form you didn't list the "county." It's stupid, I know... but they might deny it next time.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    the newer version has no place to type "any other location in state"

I guess next to the street address?

It's irrelevant, though. The only purpose I could see it serving is to avoid confusion if you get pulled over by Gomer Pyle.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Where did you get that revision of the form?

The one I've been using has the "Name and Street Address", "City", "County", "State", and "Zip Code" all separated into their own boxes. It's the only version I could find on ATF's website.

https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5320-20.pdf

Do a search on the ATF website. The new form is there as well (see date at top right corner). The old form is there too if you do a search so I can understand the confusion.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    However, be a little careful. In the submitted form you didn't list the "county." It's stupid, I know... but they might deny it next time.

The only place they require the country is in the "Transporting from" section and I included it in the unredacted version ATF gets.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Can you submit a second (same location) before the year is up?

The 5320.20's good for up to one year. So if you think you may be returning to the same (or similar) location (in the same state) again, just define the period of the form for one year, as I've done in the sample I posted. Otherwise, I'm not aware to a limit on the number of form 5320.20s you can submit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom