• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm picking up a PAP 92 pistol in a trade. My intent is to make it into an SBR. However, knowing that the YUGO receivers have a different rear trunion, what are those of you who have done this using for a stock? I know that ACE makes different adapters and I'm wondering the following?

- ACE makes a stock adapter that fits under the pistol grip. Are these any good?

- If I don't go with the pistol grip adapter, what stock and adapter do you recommend? I'm leaning towards a folding stock but would also be fine with a fixed. How hard is it to drill and tap the rear of the receiver in order to get it to fit properly?

- Last question, the rear trunion has an angle to it. Do they make an adapter that alters the angle?

Thanks for your help.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Although 29" doesn't apply to Mr. Rouchna, it may apply to me if I decide to do this so thanks!

I know. He's one of the lucky ones. Haha.

And it's no problem, I've been kicking around the idea myself. I saw a vid on YT of a guy who used the Manticore stock and Stormwerkz side folding hinge to SBR his M92. I messaged him about the overall length. He said his was 28.9" in OAL. I mentioned MD's screwed up laws and the 29" requirement and he sent me a link to the 6 degree shim. He said if you used the 6 degree shim, which he did not, that it should get you the extra 1/10" needed to meet 29".

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The adaptors that use the pistol grip to retain them sometimes interfere with the trigger travel. Also its not a good way to mount a stock. I have shot enough AKs to know that pistol grips on AKs like to shoot loose.

Drilling and tapping will work and can be secure if you do a good job with it and use GOOD screws. I prefer to drill 4 holes instead of 2, because 2 does not always stabilize the hinge. The angle on the rear is fine and a shim is not needed.

The most secure is to have the rear trunnion replaced with an under folder or side folder though.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    PAP needs this! If at all possible'

10862503_911455762200107_9000197570209469531_o.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I know. He's one of the lucky ones. Haha.

And it's no problem, I've been kicking around the idea myself. I saw a vid on YT of a guy who used the Manticore stock and Stormwerkz side folding hinge to SBR his M92. I messaged him about the overall length. He said his was 28.9" in OAL. I mentioned MD's screwed up laws and the 29" requirement and he sent me a link to the 6 degree shim. He said if you used the 6 degree shim, which he did not, that it should get you the extra 1/10" needed to meet 29".

Thanks Flipz. That's what I was looking for.

The adaptors that use the pistol grip to retain them sometimes interfere with the trigger travel. Also its not a good way to mount a stock. I have shot enough AKs to know that pistol grips on AKs like to shoot loose.

Drilling and tapping will work and can be secure if you do a good job with it and use GOOD screws. I prefer to drill 4 holes instead of 2, because 2 does not always stabilize the hinge. The angle on the rear is fine and a shim is not needed.

The most secure is to have the rear trunnion replaced with an under folder or side folder though.

Chad, I know you don't do this work anymore but can you recommend someone who does? I was planning on doing this myself but I don't want to screw it up...especially after getting the stamp back.

PAP needs this! If at all possible'

10862503_911455762200107_9000197570209469531_o.jpg

That looks awesome but it would be much better if it folded on the left side ;)

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Bringing this one back from the dead.....

Hoping my stamp for my M85 will be here in the next week or two. Can anyone confirm if the Storwerkz hinge/shim combo with the Manticore stock gets it to 29"?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Hoping my stamp for my M85 will be here in the next week or two. Can anyone confirm if the Storwerkz hinge/shim combo with the Manticore stock gets it to 29"?

Paging TyFromMD. I didn't have any restrictions when I built mine, but he built a similar one using the Stormwerkz hinge, Manticore folding stock, 6 degree shim, and still had to get a long enough brake to cover the 29". Good luck.

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Not sure when using a M85. Definitely does not with a PAP. Had to install an 1" block of aluminum at the hinge to make 29" requirement. Did not want to pin/weld the muzzle device.

Hoping Engage's lawsuit resolves this issue.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Used a CNC warrior bone stock. Got to just over 29" before adding the booster.

Attachments

• IMG_20160226_190551.jpg
      IMG_20160226_190551.jpg
      96.7 KB · Views: 1,618
    • IMG_20160226_190606.jpg
      IMG_20160226_190606.jpg
      124.4 KB · Views: 1,540

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Not sure when using a M85. Definitely does not with a PAP. Had to install an 1" block of aluminum at the hinge to make 29" requirement. Did not want to pin/weld the muzzle device.

Hoping Engage's lawsuit resolves this issue.

That's what I was thinking to do. Where did you get the block of aluminum?

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Honestly, I don't remember the exact store. I just did a random internet search for 6061 Aluminum Bar stock. Dimension were 1" X 1 1/4"X 12". I think the paid $8-10. Lots of places online. I went with 6061 because it's easier to cut/drill then 7075.

Here is the final product.
    image.jpg

That's what I was thinking to do. Where did you get the block of aluminum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom