• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Permanently Attached .

Pinning is common ,welding and silver soldering also acceptable.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So, if I get a Zpap92 (or WBP Lynx...what I really want) and I want to SBR it, I have to permanently attach the muzzle device? It's not just a matter of doing the paperwork, paying the unconstitutional fee, getting it engraved, and putting on a folder? BUT if it's a braced "pistol" I don't have to do any of that?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So, if I get a Zpap92 (or WBP Lynx...what I really want) and I want to SBR it, I have to permanently attach the muzzle device? It's not just a matter of doing the paperwork, paying the unconstitutional fee, getting it engraved, and putting on a folder? BUT if it's a braced "pistol" I don't have to do any of that?

Sounds right

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    It’s changed quite a bit since I started this thread.

yLngRxx.jpg

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    There may be hope! Zpap w/o booster, 19.3". Doublestar stock 9.5". 28.8".
    No go....BUT I forgot I need to get the folding mechanism which adds .55"

29.35"!!!!!!

Now, as long as the muzzle device isn't a "flash hider" I don't need to pin/weld. Is there any source of info as to what the MSP considers a flash hider? The device that comes on the Zpap is described as a "booster"...

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    There may be hope! Zpap w/o booster, 19.3". Doublestar stock 9.5". 28.8".
    No go....BUT I forgot I need to get the folding mechanism which adds .55"

29.35"!!!!!!

Now, as long as the muzzle device isn't a "flash hider" I don't need to pin/weld. Is there any source of info as to what the MSP considers a flash hider? The device that comes on the Zpap is described as a "booster"...

Quoting myself necro-post style (that's gotta be a first). :bannana:

What about the Magpul Zhukov stock? Extended it's 14.9" which is MORE than enough for the 29" OAL. That being the case I wouldn't have to pin/weld the booster, correct?

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I get that... just thinking about options for the comming braced pistol fiasco... my current brace is way under 29 inches if I decide to go for the stamp.
    It's all good brother. I'm not tip toeing around trying to play these ******** atf/md rules anymore. The way I see it. I'm NOT a convicted felon. Never in my life has a pair of handcuffs been around my wrists. I work, I pay taxes including tax stamps for sbrs's MD says I can have. Ones I couldn't pay the stamp for because of my states ruling now may be illegal? Fuk all that. I always follow the legalities but this bs is getting ridiculous....

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    You are not wrong, my friend.
    More people need to stop bending the knee. It's been crazy for some time but it's downright ridiculous now. I'm 40. Been a gun guy since I could buy my first g19 when I turned 21. I try and do everything by the book because I'm sure like just you, I don't want any legal troubles. But I do think we need to draw a line in the sand. Like 80%'s in general. From day one I thought that sh*t was gay. Now look. Every bada** is trying to get their glock lower serialized. I used to laugh at guys saying how their was no trace of their lowers. I asked how did you pay? "Online" was the answer. I just laughed.....yeah no record of that....Guys that have been trying to follow the rules keep getting f'd with more,and more,and more....it's getting stupid. Sorry for ranting bro. Just getting tired of trying to be in the right =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom