• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021
    How does one measure taint exactly? Weight, mass, volume,...or maybe smell??

Damn, I see there's some seriously twisted people on here. It's comforting being with your own kind.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    IOW, trapture has a lot of bad options on their way to a MD legal Uzi. :P

I agree... Yeah I'm not going to pin the barrel or anything like that. Especially the expense of a Suppressor etc. The disapproval doesn't state anything about the detachable stock, however with the Magpul that won't be a issue. The adaptor is screwed into the rear stock hole (insert joke). I like how I sent a entire break down on my build including the copy of the SBR paperwork to the CLEO and nothing came back (at this point several months due to two disapprovals). I even stated about the detachable stock, the OAL, the barrel length, Even a entire chart of all parts and their country of origin. I guess at this point I'm glad I didn't decide to start with a FBI Barrel that is I believe 2" shorter than the standard barrel. I try to play fair and make everything legit, but I guess they quit. Once again I have to wait for USPS to deliver more parts then I'll measure again and finish the paperwork.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    MSP have said repeatedly that they're using the ATF method for measuring length. I think they'd be able to defend that methodology in a court case.

Also, be advised that the ATF has previously claimed that the Uzi QD wood stock DOES NOT count towards OAL for whatever reason. YMMV and all that.

Finally, realize that MD law does not specify that flash suppressors must be muzzle devices. An Uzi with a Mossad and folding stock would still be an assault long gun even if the Mossad was perma-pinned to the barrel nut.

IOW, trapture has a lot of bad options on their way to a MD legal Uzi. :P

MSP can claim what they want but I don't think I have seen anything official/legal on the barrel length but maybe I missed it. I have had MSP claim things I told them were untrue and they then agreed. MSP considers SBR handguns, ATF certainly does not. ATF considers dewat MGs or receiver to be MGs. MSP does not even consider them guns as they will not fire a single round. There are many differences in the law and for us to just assume that MSP gets to fill in with ATF procedure whenever they want I don't think is correct. With that said, you have to fill out an ATF form with a OAL, so on that form they are going to get you. So you might have to remove the QD feature on the stock, which would be easy enough to do. I guess that is why the Semi Thompsons did not do the removeable stock. However on the Mossad, it is acting as the barrel nut to hold the barrel on. The Mossad's design means you remove the original barrel nut and the suppressor takes over that role. So I would think that would count to OAL if not barrel length. You can not shoot it without the suppressor acting as the barrel nut and the suppressor adds length. You might have to explain it to the ATF but I don't see why that would not work. I don't suggest having a standard barrel nut in your possession.

He said he wanted the wood stock, so the folding stock part did not seem to be an issue.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maryland considers ( under 16 in bbl ) SBR's to simultaneously be a Handgun AND a Rifle .

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Ok, so I'm thinking of SBR'ing an AK. As I've heard this week from two MD dealers; SBR's aren't subject to the "features test". So, as long as the OAL is at least 29", I'm good to go (no pinning/welding). The ZPAP and Mini Jack don't quite make it, but it looks like the Draco and HellPup exceed 29" with a triangle folder. Am I missing something there, or does that sound right?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ok, so I'm thinking of SBR'ing an AK. As I've heard this week from two MD dealers; SBR's aren't subject to the "features test". So, as long as the OAL is at least 29", I'm good to go (no pinning/welding). The ZPAP and Mini Jack don't quite make it, but it looks like the Draco and HellPup exceed 29" with a triangle folder. Am I missing something there, or does that sound right?

That’s incorrect. Feature test still applies. MD considers them a rifle and a handgun. So, yeah.

It’s gotta be a rimfire or not a semi-auto if you want to skip the feature test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom