• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    I always suggest a M11 in 9mm. None of those who have taken this advice, which is getting on a dozen people, have regretted it. The M10 is cool and nice but the M11 is where all the advancements first take place. Lage is getting ready to come out with a 223 upper for it and these guns are going to go up in value quickly. I would suggest you buy soon. The M10 is bigger and not as much is produced for it. Still some great options but I would suggest a M11.

You gave me this advice a couple of years ago when I was looking at a Ruger AC556 (which I did buy and love). Been looking for one for a good price since then and finally picked one up this weekend in VA at Historic Arms (which was probably the most amazing trip I've ever taken in my life).

I spent under 7k, but this is all I was able to bring home:

zef6WMs.jpg

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    You gave me this advice a couple of years ago when I was looking at a Ruger AC556 (which I did buy and love). Been looking for one for a good price since then and finally picked one up this weekend in VA at Historic Arms (which was probably the most amazing trip I've ever taken in my life).

zef6WMs.jpg

Did you get the complete tour?

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Did you get the complete tour?

Yes, holy crap, yes. Until this weekend I've never seen a Russian periscope in person before, and I feel like not a lot of people can say that. Standing in the vault was also awe inspiring. Bob and Merle are some of the nicest people I've met in my life and, even if I hadn't bought that M11, their hospitality alone made the 4 hour drive each way worth it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Thats a good price. How much were they a few years back when I suggested it?

Yeah I have seen the Historic Arms guns at the second to last SAR East show. I do miss that one! He has a lot of great stuff!

Good buy!
    IMO, sell the zytels and order some Shockwaves ASAP.

I agree... sell them for whatever you can get for them and get shockwave. Never look back!

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Thats a good price. How much were they a few years back when I suggested it?

Ruben was pushing them for 7k then, he's at ~8k now. Let's assume I could have saved a thousand if I bought then, but honestly I would have over extended myself buying both. Now I get to have my A-Team fantasies as well as have a re-configurable bullet hose, so I'd say that thousand was spent well.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Ruben was pushing them for 7k then, he's at ~8k now. Let's assume I could have saved a thousand if I bought then, but honestly I would have over extended myself buying both. Now I get to have my A-Team fantasies as well as have a re-configurable bullet hose, so I'd say that thousand was spent well.

So now that you have the SMG and Assault rifle covered...

Time to start looking at a Browning 1919a4! With those three, you will be pretty set. They are running around $15k but every once and a while you can find cheaper or cheaper once you sell off the accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom