Jul 29, 2014
    CCI Magnum LPP

Go get 'em... LOL

Lol. Thanks Mike. Just what I've been looking for! :thumbsup:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Remingtons are gone, now Federal LRP

At least right now their site seems F-ed. I've been attempting to check out for a couple of hours now and the cart is slow and it crashes on payment after getting a 504 bad gateway error and spinning wheel for 5 minutes each time. Also, oddly their phone line wasn't working about 20 minutes before 6pm CST. I wonder if they are having general IT issues, or if they just shut down their phones if the wait line is long before their official 6pm CST closing time for the phones.

I guess I'll just hope there are some left later tonight if their site is back up and working properly

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Of course by the time I see that they've fixed it, the Federal LRP are gone...dangit. Not that I spent all night awake checking, but their checkout was broken from at least 7pm till around 4am. I kept checking every hour or two because I couldn't sleep (not very related) and it was still broken at 4am and at 5am it was working, but they were gone.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    But they do have BR2 large benchrest primers at the stomach churning price of 16 cents per primer, plus S&H and hazmat....

Actually that isn't horrible if you really do want them as they've always seemed to be 25% more.

Brownell's does have federal SRP and CCI SPP right now. I finally got to check out. BTW, JUNE25 gets you free shipping and $25 off for orders $250 and higher. Limit 2 boxes of each type, but if you order just 3 boxes, that works out to about 9 cents per primer shipped to your door, including the hazmat fee and tax. Hard to beat in the current environment and though I am upset I missed getting a couple of boxes of LRPs that I need WAY more, I couldn't pass grabbing a couple boxes of SPPs and a box of SRP at that price.

I guess I do shoot way more pistol and small rifle than I do large rifle. But a box or two of LRP would go a long way towards soothing my reloading bench supply concerns. Not that I am likely to run out of LRPs for at least a couple of years the way I am going. My concerns just aren't large enough to bite the bullet on the couple of sources for LRP at 13-19 cents per primer shipped to my door...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also Brownell's is out of the Federal SRP and CCI SPP, but they just got the Remington 9 1/2 LRP back in stock....

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Also Brownell's is out of the Federal SRP and CCI SPP, but they just got the Remington 9 1/2 LRP back in stock....

One of things I hate about Brownells is they definitely hold back product until others are sold out. It keeps you from being able to combine hazmat and I guess to keep their knees to your neck on the 2K limit...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One of things I hate about Brownells is they definitely hold back product until others are sold out. It keeps you from being able to combine hazmat and I guess to keep their knees to your neck on the 2K limit...
    Probably. I do wonder sometimes if they keep it conservative because of some lack of real time inventory or something like that. I notice with most orders it is pending for minutes to an hour or two and then goes to in process. And I've also noticed with primers plenty of times I've ordered and it goes out of stock 5-15 minutes after I've ordered, sitting at pending, pending, pending and then in process and when I've been checking pretty compulsively, a lot of times I get a Brownell's alert text from my monitoring app within a few minutes before or after I noticed it went to in process from pending (which often takes from about 30-45 minutes out to maybe 10-16hrs, longer if it is outside business hours).

So I wonder if the pending to in process might not be a human checking something in the system (hell, maybe warehouse, but I doubt that).

Now maybe they just wait around awhile and anyone whose CC gets denied, or decides to quickly cancel, or they put in two or three or four orders at the limit of 2 within 24hrs, they just put that stock back up at once. But that second bite seems to only be up for a few minutes most times.

I am not going to complain too much. I was able to use the JUNE25 code to get $25 off and free shipping on the first order of primers, which is why I ordered 3 boxes on that order rather than the 2 I'd been thinking of doing. And I used the 20off175 on the second order. So really in the end it was basically the cost of shipping the 2nd order. The discount code covered the hazmat.

And I kind of got more primers out of it. If things had worked out last night, I would have been in for two boxes of 9 1/2 LRP and one of the federal 205 SRP and that would be that and the CCI SPP dropping would not have enticed me.

But that JUNE25 code was too good to pass up, so I decided to go for it rather than kicking myself if LRP didn't go up before that code expired. So yeah, I did basically end up with some primers I didn't NEED at more than I'd want to pay. But still at a VERY good price for the current market with the discounts. Short of getting 5000 at a time on a luckyish deal, or going "off brand" like getting a case of Ginex primers somewhere (heck, even then, the price is about comparable to that, or a little better).

Oh no, I have another year or so of small pistol and rifle primers to reload with at not 2.5yr ago prices on top of the 2 boxes of LRP I really needed/wanted that probably give me 5+ years of large rifle reloading the way I am going. Since I think we will be lucky to see under 6CPP within the next 12-24 months the way inflation and energy prices are and going. And crap, I guess I am being a negative Nelly, but for all I know a few weeks from now Dems ram some crackpot BS through restricting ammo and component sales to in person, with a license (or MGA does that next session).

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Ginex spp, 9 cents per primer, shipped. Ginex primers go bang, just are a bit oversized and do not fare well on S&B primer pocket/tight primer pocket brass.

Mine arrived today. On another forum sometime ago, people were saying these were what S&B uses. I'll have to carefully sort my brass

Farmerjohn

Sep 12, 2021
    Ellicott city
    Hello
    Everyone I bought a ton of cci-450s from midway and brownells . I’m just trying to brake even I did it to have supply for my hobby and our area .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom