• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Winchester Primer drop at OutdoorLimited..

WSR 6-1/2
    WSP 1-1/2
    WLR 8-1/2
    WLP 7

They still have CCI in stock from the past several weeks, prices aren't great, but supply is supply and if you're brand shopping...

WSP Winchester Small Pistol at Nacheez now also, a little cheaper than Outdoor Limited. Natchez also has had CCI SRP/MSRP for over a week also.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Midway is showing Mag LPP (CCI) in stock. Still limiting to 1 brick, I can't fathom people paying the hazmat overhead on 1 brick... but if you need them you need them..

Thanks! $139 with delivery. Ouch but oh well. I assume I can use these with 45 long colt?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Thanks! $139 with delivery. Ouch but oh well. I assume I can use these with 45 long colt?
    I don't believe the LC calls out for a magnum primer. If your hammer/firing pin can detonate the harder cup, it should work but I imagine you'd want to reduce your loads 5-10% and test for pressure signs.. Someone that loads LC may be a better source than I.

CCI SRM (#450) in stock at Midsouth right now. $95/1000 is pretty good these days. Stock up to lessen the Hazmat fee.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    CCI SRM (#450) in stock at Midsouth right now. $95/1000 is pretty good these days. Stock up to lessen the Hazmat fee.
    Thanks! Grabbed me some.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks! Grabbed me some.
    I found that before seeing it here and I snagged some as well - costly AF, but better to have it and not need it - can't go blasting at the range without primers, although honestly, it's getting to the point now where reloads are starting to cost more than the price of cheap bulk ammo.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    honestly, it's getting to the point now where reloads are starting to cost more than the price of cheap bulk ammo.
    Maybe that is the grand plan to reduce our ammo stockpile, only saving $.50 around on my .500 caliber rounds.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I found that before seeing it here and I snagged some as well - costly AF, but better to have it and not need it - can't go blasting at the range without primers, although honestly, it's getting to the point now where reloads are starting to cost more than the price of cheap bulk ammo.

Only in the before times.

10 cents a primer
    8-9 cents a bullet for 55gr
    10 cents a round for powder

Unless you need to buy new brass, that's less than 30 cents a round for .223 vs about 60 cents per round for the cheapest factory ammo.

9mm is
    10 cents a primer
    7 cents a bullet for 115gr
    2.5 cents a round for powder
    19.5 cents a round vs 30 cents a round for the cheapest factory ammo

Even if you add in some hazmat on that, even hazmat and shipping on a SINGLE box of primers, you are only adding about 4 cents a round. I hope like heck you aren't paying shipping and hazmat on a single pound of powder.

At least so far I've been able to spread shipping and hazmat on at least 2 boxes, or 3 pounds of primer has been my worst case for the last year. I did end up with shipping and hazmat on a single box of CCI 5.56 and a single box of 7.62 primers last year, but at the time, they were also under $100 a box then and Midway's shipping and hazmat (at the time, I haven't looked at what it is in a bit), also only added like $22 to each box, rather than a lot of guys $30-40.

A many of the orders I've tacked on other discounts because it was through Brownell's and Brownell's is almost always running some kind of small discount on $100, $150, $200 or $250 orders. Even if it is only $5-10 or free shipping (not free hazmat in a LONG time). So even lately most of my primer prices have only been 8.5-10 cents a primer after shipping, hazmat and tax.

I am zero fan of the current prices. But I am still paying roughly half what factory ammo is. 9mm is maybe the worst math, but even there, I am saving >50% (especially because you can still find .355 115gr jacketed bullets some places like American Reloading for around 5 cents a bullet).

I can't speak to some stuff like .500 or .50BMG.

I think the worst math right now is .308. I think you can find factory ammo for a bit under $.90 a round in some cases (if steel can be found, around 65-75 cents a round). There I am paying around 9-10 cents a primer, 20 cents for powder, 15-20 cents for bullets. Or a bit under $.50 a round.

I guess I am just not loading anything that is close to price parity with commercially loaded ammo. And I load for 32acp, 7.62x25, 9x18, 9x19, 45acp, 38spc, .223/5.56, 6.5 Grendel, .30 carbine, .308/7.62x51, .30-06.

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Primer dump at miwallcorp:

Federal Small pistol at KYGUNCO:

CCI MAg Small pistol at Precision:

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Glad to see primers coming back. Might be time to stock up on everything again soon. Hopefully prices start coming down too if pee pads shuts his cock gobbler

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    KYGUNCO has SPP, match SPP, and LPP. Last time they had free shipping and hazmat also, I didn't check this time.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    KYGUNCO has SPP, match SPP, and LPP. Last time they had free shipping and hazmat also, I didn't check this time.

Still true. Absolutely crazy. Bought 5k Fed SPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom