• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    my guess is the discord notifications come from people typing them in. one, there is certain stuff/format they want you to type, and two, presumably those that are posting have already bought and that's why when the notice comes it, it's mostly too late.

i think one good rule of thumb is if you get notifications for, let's say, midway, then keep refreshing your wishlist there as chances are they'll release more stuff.

between late dec thru jan i've gotten some 35k of primers between spp, srp and lrp, and some 70# of powder (all but the elusive h1000). so the discord/distill thing is definitely working.

That's what I was thinking also, from the feedback I've read here. I presume most of the people that buy and then notify are running some form of bot themselves to know when items are available. Seems an anti-bot stance would be cutting your nose off in spite of your face..

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not sure that is correct. I continually hit their site and find advertised powder out of stock.
    OK. They're not showing primers to me. Maybe it's the page I'm on...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-01 Reloading Primers - Powder Valley Reloading Superstore.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-02-01 Reloading Primers - Powder Valley Reloading Superstore.jpg
      18.7 KB · Views: 171

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i don't care for pv's website. can't search/sort for in stock and no wishlist. to the above, yeah they don't seem to show any primers (perhaps because all are out of stock), but they are showing all powders, in stock or not.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    OK. They're not showing primers to me. Maybe it's the page I'm on...

That's because you have both small rifle and small pistol primers selected, there is no product that belongs to both categories in their system. If you remove one or the other you should see out of stock primers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's because you have both small rifle and small pistol primers selected, there is no product that belongs to both categories in their system. If you remove one or the other you should see out of stock primers.
    Go to "Reloading"
    Go down to "Primers"

What do you get?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

that's not what i'm seeing on pv's website. i hit their primers button and nothing is showing and no options for rifle, pistol etc.

on their powder page, if i click hodgdon and accurate, then both hodgdon and accurate powders show. under your theory none would show because none are both hodgdon and accurate.

to me, it seems pv's primer page just shows anything in stock (which is nothing right now), while their powder page shows in stock and oos.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Go to "Reloading"
    Go down to "Primers"

What do you get?

No products found matching your description.

that's not what i'm seeing on pv's website. i hit their primers button and nothing is showing and no options for rifle, pistol etc.

on their powder page, if i click hodgdon and accurate, then both hodgdon and accurate powders show. under your theory none would show because none are both hodgdon and accurate.

to me, it seems pv's primer page just shows anything in stock (which is nothing right now), while their powder page shows in stock and oos.

They've updated their website then because it used to show every primer they offered even when out of stock. It would show APS strips at the top and you'd have to work through to the second page to find Winchester primers. The fact that they aren't showing out of stock ones now makes me wonder if they'll be getting any in anytime soon.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They've updated their website then because it used to show every primer they offered even when out of stock. It would show APS strips at the top and you'd have to work through to the second page to find Winchester primers. The fact that they aren't showing out of stock ones now makes me wonder if they'll be getting any in anytime soon.

They did. About 3 weeks ago they pulled all primer listings.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    my guess is the discord notifications come from people typing them in. one, there is certain stuff/format they want you to type, and two, presumably those that are posting have already bought and that's why when the notice comes it, it's mostly too late.

i think one good rule of thumb is if you get notifications for, let's say, midway, then keep refreshing your wishlist there as chances are they'll release more stuff.

between late dec thru jan i've gotten some 35k of primers between spp, srp and lrp, and some 70# of powder (all but the elusive h1000). so the discord/distill thing is definitely working.

Well now I know why no one has powder or primers...

:-)

I've been successful in purchasing primers from two discord notification so far. I got a thousand small pistol primers from one notification and 5000 small pistol primers from another. One from some small Midwestern place and the other from Midway usa. Here's my take on what I think happens though in most cases. Whoever is sending out the notifications is obviously buying theirs first before they send out the notification which delays anyone else from making a purchase. I would strongly suggest that you go to midwayusa, brownells, powder valley or whoever else sales primers and will send you notifications and sign up for the first level notifications instead of relying on someone else to do it for you.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I would strongly suggest that you go to midwayusa, brownells, powder valley or whoever else sales primers and will send you notifications and sign up for the first level notifications instead of relying on someone else to do it for you.

i may have gotten ONE email notification over the past 2 months. they're gone in seconds, even before midway etc can send out email notifications.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    i may have gotten ONE email notification over the past 2 months. they're gone in seconds, even before midway etc can send out email notifications.

Correct, so the people putting up Discord notices are running bots to get their private notice, buying what they can/want, then posting on Discord.

So one way or another, if you get primers thru Discord, you're benefiting from a Bot.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've been successful in purchasing primers from two discord notification so far. I got a thousand small pistol primers from one notification and 5000 small pistol primers from another. One from some small Midwestern place and the other from Midway usa. Here's my take on what I think happens though in most cases. Whoever is sending out the notifications is obviously buying theirs first before they send out the notification which delays anyone else from making a purchase. I would strongly suggest that you go to midwayusa, brownells, powder valley or whoever else sales primers and will send you notifications and sign up for the first level notifications instead of relying on someone else to do it for you.

I have not been able to finish a transaction yet. 3 of them that were still available, I clicked as soon as getting the discord post, but I was too slow setting up the order

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have not been able to finish a transaction yet. 3 of them that were still available, I clicked as soon as getting the discord post, but I was too slow setting up the order

yeah i just missed some spp on midsouth via distill. you have to be lightning fast! be logged in, have your card set up, addy etc and then haul azz!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    So what you’re saying is that if you’re a working man/woman who doesn’t have their phone or computer in front of them 24/7, then you’re sol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom