Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    very nice.
    What are the barrel/muzzle readings?
    Nice looking stock, walnut?

Muzzle: 1+
    Throat: 3

April ‘45 SA receiver and same for the barrel, so may be the original barrel. No idea on the stock, I admittedly know jack on these. I was hoping for anything other than one of the brand new cmp stocks so I’m very pleased with what I received.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Someone is now posting that they submitted an order in December for a Special Rack grade and they are on backorder. That's what I requested so I totally missed the cutoff.

dmable44

Jul 4, 2018
    I put in an order for two RM1 Service grades back in November. I received the rifles this past week. I feel incredibly lucky as I got two very nice rifles with fantastic metal and USGI wood. One of them is an 5.6 HRA LEAD rebuild. It’s an exceptional example of a LEAD. The other is an SA rebuild. Both have great barrels too.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Someone posted this on the CMP forum:

Order: Special Rack
    Order mailed: 12-4-20
    Order Received: 12-11-20
    DBU: 3-2-21
    E-Store: 3-4-21
    Shipped: currently on back order

I was told that they had no idea when the special racks would be back in stock but I was guaranteed one. They told me to just watch the E-store and wait for a tracking notification.

Between processing delays at the CMP and the amount of firearms legislation being thrown about at the state and federal level, THIS is why I panicked and bought another Garand locally and am having it overhauled by the local armorer.

I mailed my request for a luck of the draw service grade by regular mail on 08 Dec 2020. Received it yesterday, 11 March 2021. The shipping email from CMP was received the same day. Actually knew it was coming earlier because FedEx texted to be home for signature delivery on the 10th. Got a Springfield, muzzle a 2, throat a 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom