• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 556sbr

Jan 12, 2021
    Montana, USA
    After years of Democratic governors vetoing any pro 2A bills passed by Republican majority legislation, it's great to have a pro 2A governor sign the pro 2A legislation that hits his desk.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Well this is good but MT has the most stupid voters in the country. I mean they vote every republican since clinton in 1992 yet keep re-electing an obama lover in tester. I mean i am sure the people of MT did not plan of a liberal new yorkor setting policy for them. SO that is prettty damn stupid. I wonder how many in AZ (sinema) WV ( manchin ) and MT ( tester) regret their votes. One vote can make a diference as its one seat right now that gives us an obama lover agenda.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There's no such thing as a second amendment sanctuary. I don't care how many laws local or state government passes to define themselves as such. The bottom line is if the state of Montana doesn't want to enforce federal gun laws the federal government most certainly will. The same can be said for these counties in the state of Maryland and more so in Virginia where they claim second amendment sanctuary status. Sure, maybe the local constabulary won't uphold any illegal infringement but I promise you the Virginia or the Maryland State Police will step in and do the job of those who refuse to enforce those laws.

In my opinion second amendment sanctuaries are about as useful as writing letters or holding rallies to show Democrats we mean business. Lol nothing could be further from the truth.
    The Fed will enforce it just about as much as they've been able to enforce laws on weed and the like. Even if the feddies come into the state, they'll get absolutely no assistance from the state or local governments, so any enforcement efforts they may try to bring will be hampered at the least, and outright thwarted at best.

Ultimately we are slowly but surely drawing lines as to who will be on what side when we get American Civil War #2.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Agreed in MD people fear and bitch and whine about scary guns. In WV where I work and spend most of my time they have Constitutional Carry and I carry there. Normally I carry concealed but one time I just wanted to see how people reacted to open carry. They didnt bat an eye. And sometimes inline in a store people would say even thank you and make comments like if a shooter comes in they will gain attention to give me time to shoot. Its totally different outside of MD

If you carried a glock and a gun guy was next to you, maybe you'll hear a comment on plastic guns versus "real" guns.

The Fed will enforce it just about as much as they've been able to enforce laws on weed and the like. Even if the feddies come into the state, they'll get absolutely no assistance from the state or local governments, so any enforcement efforts they may try to bring will be hampered at the least, and outright thwarted at best.

Ultimately we are slowly but surely drawing lines as to who will be on what side when we get American Civil War #2.

MT can even do what CA is doing with the illegal alien sanctuary laws, and actively hinder the federal enforcement by releasing anyone the feds inquire about, and refusing to provide any information. They might even do what Oakland's mayor did and call the illegals to inform them of an upcoming raid so the illegals can get out of the city. Imagine if a MT city mayor calling some gun owning family to tell them the ATF was coming to their farm to raid them and everyone left town.

iplay4fun

Aug 15, 2020
    I agree with Muleskinner. No such thing as 2A sanctuary. Federal govt. would step in and enforce federal regulations if it decides to.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I agree with Muleskinner. No such thing as 2A sanctuary. Federal govt. would step in and enforce federal regulations if it decides to.
    I'm not really seeing how there would be a viable or effective way to do that. If the state isn't playing ball with the federal government, then how is the Fed even going to know what regulations are or aren't being adhered to? They'd have no viable way to target anyone, and the state has the right to say "Get the off my lawn!"

tenor.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom