• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    This is about two blocks from where The Wife works. Story doesn't say if he acquired a pic-i-nic basket or not.
    A healthy-sized bear was spotted throughout Frederick Sunday afternoon. This shot was taken near Jefferson and Patrick streets.

Attachments

• bear_frederick_2021jun.jpg
      bear_frederick_2021jun.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 471

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    A few days ago a bear was spotted walking through a neighborhood off Mt. Phillip Road and Butterfly Lane in Frederick. If this is the same bear he's on a tour of the area.

My parents live in that neighborhood. There was another sighting of a smaller bear again today. The one from a couple days ago was much larger than the one in the video from today.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    I had one about that size on a game camera last fall at my place which is between Braddock Heights and Jefferson in the proximity of Stone Road. Looks like he might be moving closer in lol. Ill see if I can dig up the pic.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This was just up the street from me on Canada Hill Rd in Myersville a while back. Remember to keep your garage door closed.

Attachments

• 1B20A929-217A-416F-AE6C-B8E8CE51B79C.jpg
      1B20A929-217A-416F-AE6C-B8E8CE51B79C.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 258

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    There a lots of bear in Frederick County. I see bear every single year multiple times a year, daylight, back yard, driveway or front yard.

This is the time if year the adolescent bears are kicked away from momma.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

Redbone1

Mar 1, 2020
    There are more bears around than most folks think. Have seen videos of them in Bethesda in a fairly populated areas. Have them on trail camera pics in the woods behind my house( frederick / washington county line near the river). Get my trash can knocked over every once a while by them. I hunt raccoons with hounds and have treed one with them and have suspected them of running a few others ( usually the distance on the GPS starts going up like your pumping gas). My latest encounter was a month or so ago. I was letting the dogs out before I fed them and left the door open because it was raining and they usually come running right back in to get fed. I went to use the bathroom real quick and my hound came running back in to get his grub. One of my better half's dog(the dumbest border collie on the planet) was still out so I went to the back door and holler for her and I see a big black shape walking less than 10 yards from my door towards the mountain. I realized what it was and Yelled for the border collie, no sign of her, bear just kept walking towards the mountain like I wasn't there. It walked behind my truck and its back was even or a lil higher than my trucks rear bumper and my truck is lifted 6 inches and has 35" tires. Yelled again for the border collie and she came to the door from behind the house clueless to the bears presence. Took my hound( not the one that had treed a bear) out on a leash to see if he would open up on its track and he was nose to ground trying to tow me up the mountain barking like crazy. Went back in the house and it took him a half hour to calm down, stop barking, and stop staring out the living room window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom