• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    When I get on the other side of current house projects and the incoming baby I'm interested in a .30 caliber suppressor

Already have a pile of ASR mounts thanks to a sale on the Blackhawk ones last year

My old man has a Specwar 7.62. Nice suppressor but out of production now

Looks like Silencerco makes several ASR compatible .30 caliber cans.

Who has what and are you happy with its performance?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    You’re not actually limited to SilencerCo cans. If you buy any suppressor that has “Omega threads” aka 1.375x24 rear threading, you can purchase an adapter to allow you to use ASR muzzle device. You would need to buy an ASR Bravo adapter, but that would open up a ton of other good options for you in other brands.

What are you looking for in a suppressor? The one you cited liking is quite heavy relative to modern offerings.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Weight isn't a big factor for me as I don't plan on any kind of "run and gun" work with it. But that being said I'm obviously not going to be opposed to a lighter alternative however I'm not willing to break the bank for a titanium one or something.

I'd want longevity over anything else. I want something durable which I can own and shoot for many many years

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I've been very happy with my Hybrid 46. I use it for .30 cal and on my 45-70. I've had my eye on the Omega 36M, but I really don't want to buy a whole new set of components (Charlie vs. Bravo). Scilencerco is running a promo right now. You get one of their SCO15 lowers for free for each can you buy (minimum purchase threshold$). It's actually a really great deal.

ETA: Just went poking around on Scilencer Shop, Scilencerco has instant manufacturer rebates on all their cans in addition to the free lower(s). Appears to be running till 9/10. Guess I'm going to be broke again soon, I can't pass up this deal.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    If you’re just looking for a general purpose .30 cal suppressor that is ASR compatible, durable, and comes with a good warranty: my default suggestions include the YHM Resonator R2, Dead Air Nomad, and CGS Helios QD. Listed in order of increasing price. If you’re dead set on a SilencerCo brand suppressor, then the Omega is not a bad choice either. That said, if you have the money for the Omega, then the Nomad or Helios QD would be significantly better performing options in a similar price range. Particularly the Helios QD, given that you can optimize it for max suppression or low back pressure for compatibility with semi auto firearms out of the box.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    In what way? I have a couple Specwars (got one DIRT cheap) and a Hybrid and the Specwar wins...

I honestly can't tell the difference in suppression between the two. But the weight and length of the Omega are a big difference. I reach for it every time.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My Omega is great. I also have a Specwar and the difference is night and day.

You have the 36M? That's what I was looking at. But I'm not 100% dedicated to SiCo. I've got a .22 can in the pipe but that's my only experience and I bought it cause it was a steal from an estate

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You have the 36M? That's what I was looking at. But I'm not 100% dedicated to SiCo. I've got a .22 can in the pipe but that's my only experience and I bought it cause it was a steal from an estate

I guess mine would be the Omega 300. I bought it when the Omegas first came out and they just called it Omega.

Definitely not the 36M but it does offer different mounting options and endplates

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My Omega is great. I also have a Specwar and the difference is night and day.

I love my Omega 300. Though I use it as direct thread. It does come with an ASR Mount and muzzle device of your choice. I also got 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 direct thread mounts

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you're going to go the SiCo route, these are your options:
    1. Saker/Chimera: the heavy-duty cans. The Chimera is basically a Saker 762K. Not light-weight, but rated for anything.
    2. Omega 300: the "normal-duty" can. Not as generous with minimum barrel lengths, but still more than acceptable for most use cases.
    3. Omega 36M: like the Omega 300, but modular. Your best bet if you want a can that do double duty on a pistol.
    4. Hybrid 46: like the Omega 300, but can handle calibers all the way out to 45 ACP and 45/70. Also a good bet for AKs due to the large bore diameter.
    5. Harvester: the "light-duty" cans. Good for hunting rifles due to weight.

I have the Chimera and the Hybrid. The Hybrid tends to come out more often due to weight considerations, but the Chimera is the only thing I can put on my 10.5" AR-308 SBR.

I have a YHM Turbo K coming in for more general use. People get way too focused on sound suppression and not on the overall usability of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom