• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I have an opportunity for a new Tippmann Arms Redline Rifle at a good price.
    I don't see a lot of reviews out there.

Made in Indiana. Competition Ready. Partnership with TandemKross.

Does anyone have any experience or information about this firearm?
    https://tippmannarms.com/m4-22-redline/

The wife has an S&W AR-15 22. Descent gun, but too much of a plastic feel.

roosterfried

Aug 3, 2020
    I have just the basic model. I love it. Its a blast to shoot. Took it to an appleseed event and ran 500 through it over two days, zero issues.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have an opportunity for a new Tippmann Arms Redline Rifle at a good price.
    I don't see a lot of reviews out there.

Made in Indiana. Competition Ready. Partnership with TandemKross.

Does anyone have any experience or information about this firearm?
    https://tippmannarms.com/m4-22-redline/

The wife has an S&W AR-15 22. Descent gun, but too much of a plastic feel.

Want to shoot it if you get it. Not into the red accents (maybe that's because of the TK collaboration - TK likes to add a splash of color), but looks like a solid build.

Took my Anschutz MSR RX22 to the Jim Moore match for kids to shoot the other week. Great rifle and kids were easily clearing out the critters with it (using a Magpul bipod and PA red dot). It's patterned on a SCAR-17, and initially had a $900 price like Redline (I got one when they cleared them out for a third of the price), but it also has a lot of plastic.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I think the Redline model is new.
    I do believe the TK connection is the reason for the color. I kinda like the little bit of flash.

I may take a chance based on the solid reviews for their M4-22.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If they are not using S&W 15-22 mags and have something proprietary, make sure to grab a few. I did this for the Anschutz because at some point these boutique military rifle patterned 22LR firearms will finish their production runs with accessories/parts becoming scarce.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A bit salty for a .22, but then again, you're talking to a guy who just bought a $500 5" .22lr upper and put it on an SBR lower. Lol

It's got to be miles ahead of the M&P 15-22. I don't know how many times I've had one in my hands and just couldn't 'pull the trigger' on it.

Do they use their own mags?

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I have the Tippman Arms M4-22 Elite. (longer hand guard.) I have only had it out 2 times . Approx. 400 rounds and maybe 2 hangups. I just bought a Primary Arms red dot for it. The original BUIS are pretty cheap feeling. I have the M&P15-22 also. No issues with that, just the Tippman feels more like a true AR.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Tippmann has bolt hold open on last round and a true forward assist. Now, typically forward assist is mostly a solution looking for a problem but in rimfire (as dirty as they are) it MIGHT actually come in handy if the chamber gets dirty.
    Accuracy wise they are pretty good. Not as good as and Anschutz but as good or maybe a little better than a Ruger.They do use proprietary magazine, so not cheap.
    They take many AR after market parts. I think the newest model is even more interchangeable then the first models.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ruger

Tippmann has bolt hold open on last round and a true forward assist. Now, typically forward assist is mostly a solution looking for a problem but in rimfire (as dirty as they are) it MIGHT actually come in handy if the chamber gets dirty.
    Accuracy wise they are pretty good. Not as good as and Anschutz but as good or maybe a little better than a Ruger.They do use proprietary magazine, so not cheap.
    They take many AR after market parts. I think the newest model is even more interchangeable then the first models.

Thanks for mentioning the Ruger. I have a friend who had the Mossberg .22LR AR. He actually liked it. I have the first gen M&P 15-22. I am ordering from Tacticool22 but the 12 inch OoS. I have a Chicom knockoff red dot that keeps zero so all good :) eats most stuff..

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have a Tippman with the longer handguard. About 300 rounds through it and not a bobble…except for the trigger puller. Good accuracy with good ammo..mine like MiniMags best so far. I would call this a 50-75 yard rifle. Might change that with more practice under my belt.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I "pulled the trigger" and went ahead with the purchase.
    I imagine a few days for shipping and then pick it up from my FFL.
    Hopefully next weekend I can provide a range report.
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.

Chris

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    Another guy with the m4-22 elite, and I dont think you can go wrong with Tippman. It ate everything I put through it and is fun to shoot.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Mine , with Knights back up sights

Attachments

• F8568103-456E-4525-8167-CEAA46D6F199.jpg
      F8568103-456E-4525-8167-CEAA46D6F199.jpg
      158.9 KB · Views: 152

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    A huge fan of the Tippmann - I think you will really enjoy it. Mine are reliable and extremely accurate for Appleseed. I like the Knights back-up sights on the one above - the irons it comes with are functional for plinking but not for precision shooting (i.e., consistent and measurable adjustments, etc.)

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    Tippmann is doing a rebate....got this in my email:

Purchase any Tippmann Arms M4-22 ELITE, PRO Rifles, or ELITE, PRO Pistols now through November 12th, 2021, and receive a $50 rebate. That's $50 right back in your pocket!

Rebate Details

Starts October 1st, 2021
    Ends November 12th, 2021
    Valid for U.S. Customers Only
    Limit 2 rebates per household
    Purchase any new Tippmann Arms M4-22 during the rebate period (10/01/21 to 11/12/21), complete and mail the required rebate materials by December 31st, 2021 and we'll send you a $50 rebate check. It's that simple.

You can easily register and download the Rebate Form online

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Tippmann is doing a rebate....got this in my email:

Purchase any Tippmann Arms M4-22 ELITE, PRO Rifles, or ELITE, PRO Pistols now through November 12th, 2021, and receive a $50 rebate. That's $50 right back in your pocket!

Rebate Details

Starts October 1st, 2021
    Ends November 12th, 2021
    Valid for U.S. Customers Only
    Limit 2 rebates per household
    Purchase any new Tippmann Arms M4-22 during the rebate period (10/01/21 to 11/12/21), complete and mail the required rebate materials by December 31st, 2021 and we'll send you a $50 rebate check. It's that simple.

You can easily register and download the Rebate Form online

Dealers must’ve gotten a word a few weeks early. I went bought one at the end of August I was going to get a second mid-September I noticed the gun shop I bought the first one from marked up their stock 50 bucks…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom