• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    I just bought my first post 10/1 handgun on 4/10/14. I noticed changes to the Form 77R (Application to Purchase Regulated Firearm).

I *didn't* put my social security number down (Believing I had a right to not disclose it). Will this delay my ND or will it even disqualify me?

Post 10/1, the new form and rules are confusing.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I don't get it. What does not putting your SSN down accomplish? Do you really think that is going to protect you identity in any way at all? The ONLY reason it's optional is because the law says they have to make it optional. Don't be fooled that you are making any difference at all. The only thing it may do is delay your getting your gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I don't get it. What does not putting your SSN down accomplish? Do you really think that is going to protect you identity in any way at all? The ONLY reason it's optional is because the law says they have to make it optional. Don't be fooled that you are making any difference at all. The only thing it may do is delay your getting your gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a little less identity theft exposure.

Mr H

Banana'd
    MSP set us all up for potential damage last summer, and many of us are still paying gobs for protection, just in case.

As for SSN? The only need to bring it in to play is in case of conflicting records so that a purchase can be completed.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    MSP set us all up for potential damage last summer, and many of us are still paying gobs for protection, just in case.

As for SSN? The only need to bring it in to play is in case of conflicting records so that a purchase can be completed.

I always put mine down since apparently I have a popular name. It lets me get my guns faster this way ;)

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    Pre HGL, every one we ever sent in without an SSN number on it, came back from MSP with the SSN on it.
    Can't speak to post HGL, haven't sent one in without an SSN as far as I know.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I just bought my first post 10/1 handgun on 4/10/14. I noticed changes to the Form 77R (Application to Purchase Regulated Firearm).

I *didn't* put my social security number down (Believing I had a right to not disclose it). Will this delay my ND or will it even disqualify me?

Post 10/1, the new form and rules are confusing.

Doesn't matter now, I think you're gonna find out sooner or later!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom