• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That is a great price. I don’t think mine has a lock I’ll have to check but i paid 100 bucks more from Lou and we all remember he had fantastic prices

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    not c$r. you have to get sent to FFL in your state and do the transfer from there.

i believe SOG has that on all their non-c$r.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup no got super excited there for a second that they had C&R 64s. Still a great price though, but not something I can jump on without it being a practical steal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That is a great price. I don’t think mine has a lock I’ll have to check but i paid 100 bucks more from Lou and we all remember he had fantastic prices
    I got my Model 64 with 4-inch "heavy" barrel from SOG 2-3 years ago for a similar price as the current special. I would characterize the cosmetic appearance as good to very good. Mine has the internal lock. It is my best shooting S&W revolver. Very crisp single action trigger and smooth, predictable double action trigger. Super easy to put holes in the center of a target. When I'm testing any new revolver, I always take it out as a reference standard. In terms of performance/cost ratio, it's one of my best handguns.

It has (for me) these annoying stenciled initials under the crane, but I can't bring myself to give up the gun as it is truly a shoot the lights out type of firearm.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got my Model 64 with 4-inch "heavy" barrel from SOG 2-3 years ago for a similar price as the current special. I would characterize the cosmetic appearance as good to very good. Mine has the internal lock. It is my best shooting S&W revolver. Very crisp single action trigger and smooth, predictable double action trigger. Super easy to put holes in the center of a target. When I'm testing any new revolver, I always take it out as a reference standard. In terms of performance/cost ratio, it's one of my best handguns.

It has (for me) these annoying stenciled initials under the crane, but I can't bring myself to give up the gun as it is truly a shoot the lights out type of firearm.

Get a 6’ Colt Trooper. I met a really nice member here and did a trade for one. It goes to just about every range trip that doesn’t involve test fitting that on a home build.

I hate to admit it especially since i don’t wanna drop all that coin but I’m a colt wheel gun guy through and though.

That being said i REALLY need a S&W model 40

Edit——disregard you already know the colt wheel gun love!! How is that thing been treating you? I forgot you snagged those snakes

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Edit——disregard you already know the colt wheel gun love!! How is that thing been treating you? I forgot you snagged those snakes

Frame geometry is important for my revolver shooting. My Python has a smooth trigger, and Zzzzz_man shoots it like a laser beam (as he does with most large frame revolvers), but I have to readjust between shots for consistency because I will lose the original grip position. It has original grips that I'm reluctant to change as it's more a safe queen than shooter for me.

On the other hand, S&W K & L frames work well for me. My favorite current revolver purely based on looks is my S&W pre-27 N frame, which shoots sweet, but I had to change grips on it, otherwise it was kind of like shooting the Python. K frames are probably the ultimate sweet spot for me. The new Colt Cobra (2017 model year) gets pretty close to this feel as well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm bummed that I didn't go check out other items that also were placed on sale by SOG at the same time. These apparently included Remington 870 Marine Magnums with extended mag tubes in Excellent condition for $380. They were no longer in stock last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom