• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 5, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    So, I have been waiting for approval since the end of June. Am now in “pending” status. Have been since early July. Any ideas on how long the MSP is taking to approve?

Also, do I need to get fingerprinted AFTER I get the official license in the mail?
    Want to buy another handgun that doesn’t use 9mm. I already have a Glock. Have been looking at guns that take 380 ammo. Suggestions??

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Ooof.

Fingerprints come before you are granted your HQL. If I’m not mistaken they must be submitted within 10 days of submitting your application.

If you haven’t submitted livescan prints yet you definitely goofed.

Also, you might have better luck on this forum if you go introduce yourself on the new members page.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    So, I have been waiting for approval since the end of June. Am now in “pending” status. Have been since early July. Any ideas on how long the MSP is taking to approve?

Also, do I need to get fingerprinted AFTER I get the official license in the mail?
    Want to buy another handgun that doesn’t use 9mm. I already have a Glock. Have been looking at guns that take 380 ammo. Suggestions??

Sounds about typical for current situation, but were you fingerprinted when you took the class? MSP should show your prints as received. You won’t need to get printed a second time, once your gun is with the ffl/store you’ll complete the 77r and start the 7 day waiting period.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I already did introduce myself. My instructor said nothing about getting fingerprinted. He submitted the paperwork himself. Now I am confused.

My apologies.

But yes, fingerprints should have been taken and submitted with or shortly after submitting your application.

Any livescan facility can do it. So unless your instructor was a certified livescan provider then he may have thought that you’d be getting them elsewhere.

Once you get your livescan prints you’ll take the tracking number and submit it with your app.

I’d call MSP in the morning. Seems like your instructor failed to give you the correct info.

Jul 5, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I am in Chester. Looks like the closest place is in Annapolis. I will call the MSP tomorrow. Will be really pissed if I have to take the HQL again. Already spent $120 on a 4 hour class.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I am in Chester. Looks like the closest place is in Annapolis. I will call the MSP tomorrow. Will be really pissed if I have to take the HQL again. Already spent $120 on a 4 hour class.

I do not think you will need to retake the class. The class has no expiration I believe.

The only time sensitive thing is the prints.

Sorry about your luck. You’d likely have it in hand by now if you were given the correct info.

Livescan prints typically run around $50 if I’m not mistaken.

Also, 380 sucks. Don’t do it. Ammo availability and inflated price of 380 alone should keep you away from it.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

There was a place in Stevensville I believe @ St. Claire Place.... it was open 1 or 2 days a week.

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County

Don’t get a 380. There are very few scenarios where a 380 makes sense. If you want a fun gun to practice with that will be much cheaper to shoot given the current ammo prices, I’d recommend a .22lr. I have a S&W SW22 and it’s super accurate and has a great trigger. If ammo prices aren’t a concern, I’d get a 1911 in 45 ACP for your next gun. I find them much more enjoyable to shoot than a Glock (no offense to the Glock crowd...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom