• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I rebuilt this old rifle about a year or so ago with a surplus Mk1 barrel from Sarco and some scrap DP timber that needed the draws replaced and then worked the trigger over a little bit to get a clean break.

It's a 1916 BSA No1 MK III* franken- rifle with a RFI barrel. Anyway after careful fitting to the wood parts and installing a windage adjustable rear sight last night I had it out to the range today.
    Loading from the magazine with 10 rounds I was able to get a good score on a SR1 target from prone.
    It was a good day to go to the range and not have to fight the weather or roll around in the mud. If I would have my spotting scope with me I could have made some corrections or maybe even done a little better.
    Then again if I looked I might have had my eyes start watering or blew it trying to make over corrections. I already dropped one which was the first shot but was able to get back on target and keep it there while working the bolt for follow up shots.

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Good Job, a No1MKIII is on my short list. So many of them are beat to hell out there.
    Brass Butt plate right?
    Nice shooting, what was the distance?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Good Job, a No1MKIII is on my short list. So many of them are beat to hell out there.
    Brass Butt plate right?
    Its brass, Sarco has nos barrels right now. The last one I still have as a spare is Brit. The RFI ones are real nice. I was hoping that's what they would send me but they didnt.:sad20:
    That’s real nice shooting, what ammo were you using?
    Today I was using the German MEN surplus. Its good ammo but Berdan primed. 174 g.
    I still save it though, you never know if you'll need it anymore.

I shot a LB that I just restocked and went through today too. This is the first time I had it out. First bent on the trigger is too high and the pull of is too short so it needs some more work. Im not sure if its too light either but breaks just so I may not mess with it.
    I thought I missed clean on the first shot I had to back it up for a second.
    10 more fed from the mag rapid fire. A guy came in that was sighting in his scoped squirrel rifle so I had to make it quick on the 100 yd butt and get off the line out of his way.
    Shooting these old rifles is fun. I know you guys shoot them and enjoy them too.
    LBMVT.jpg

Long Branch VM.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Brass Butt plate right?
    Nice shooting, what was the distance?

100yds, SR 1 target butt plate is brass.

Nice rifles, I picked mine up at a pawn shop. She beat to hell with an almost shot out barrel but I love it... So much fun to shoot........

The more they are misunderstood /overlooked the better for us, I wouldn't change a thing on it.
    I have one new unfit no 1 barrel left. I want to make up a classic Brit sporter/sleeper from parts one day soon.

I had P14 shooting pretty good last week-end. I re-barreled and fit it up carefully some time ago with DP left over extra parts.
    Bolt, serial # and rear sights match. W marked surplus 10 shots from rested.
    If it stays nice out I'm going to get some other stuff out tomorrow I think.
    Probably US made bolt actions maybe.

These old rifles are fun shooting/build tinker with.

cbi p14.jpg

IMG_0285 (2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom