Muddy Girl camo M&P15-22, Best place to haunt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Every fiber of my being wants to drop this in the WC where more eyes will see it and possibly provide a honey hole but, well, keeping my fingers crossed it will get seen by someone here who might know an answer:

What online vendor is most likely to get a S&W M&P15-22 Muddy Girl in stock soonest?

If I had had ANY idea my 9yoa granddaughter would get as hooked on Rimfire as she is OR that her parents would be supportive of the whole idea I would’ve snagged one of these years ago and just kept it in the back of a safe ... hindsight. 20/20 :sad20:

Right now, they are like trying to find high plutonium but I am hoping some distributor / wholesaler will get some in before PeePadsNkneepadsNPelosi try any shenanigans.

I suspect some online sources get stuff from different mfrs quicker than others, I dunno. But, if that’s the case, anyone familiar with who normally has S&W stock when others do not?

I thought I’d found one at a place in GA called BestLifeGuns.com and had my FFL send them a copy of his license, placed my order via credit card and I was stoked until they texted me, “Our credit card system is down, you can get gift cards up to $100 at any WalMart and send them to us.”

Rrrrrr! :mad54: (on the upside, AmEx now has them on worldwide scammer sh*tlist they’ll never get off of ...)

Thanks in advance -

REALLY kicking myself for never seeing the possibility of this coming ....

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Score! Found 2 new in box in stock at RifleGear.com for $499.99 (they have one in stock, now)! :lol2:

Local FFL doing the transfer for me told me he went through the same search saga as I have for his 15yoa daughter but, that when she unwrapped it she said, “Oh thank you Daddy, l really like it but, I’m not so much into pink anymore ...”

So, he started a whole new search for the Robin Egg Blue finished version. Finally gave up, bought a black one and had it cerakoted in the Robin Egg Blue finish ... :rolleyes:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Score! Found 2 new in box in stock at RifleGear.com for $499.99 (they have one in stock, now)! :lol2:

Local FFL doing the transfer for me told me he went through the same search saga as I have for his 15yoa daughter but, that when she unwrapped it she said, “Oh thank you Daddy, l really like it but, I’m not so much into pink anymore ...”

So, he started a whole new search for the Robin Egg Blue finished version. Finally gave up, bought a black one and had it cerakoted in the Robin Egg Blue finish ... :rolleyes:

Congrats. My daughter really enjoys her 15-22.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Congrats - I hope your daughter takes to shooting. I have 2 sons and a daughter and although I have had all three at the range and offered up rifles to all of them, only my middle son is a shooter. The other two could care less.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Granddaughter actually but, she’s so fiercely independent that’s all that matters!

I’ve had to counter a LOT of resistance on the part of brain-washed in-laws* and more than anything else painstakingly patient but, 2 years ago my window of opportunity opened but for a brief moment when she (then 9) came outside to watch her big 13yo brother plink with a Daisy 99 lever action and when he grew bored she said, “Let me try it.” It wasn’t long before she was hitting aluminum pie plates hung from tree branches and then clay targets on a dirt bank ...

The moment she whispered a gutteral “MY NEW TOY!” under her breath to herself as I handed her the rifle after cocking it for her I knew my “work” was done, haha! Every time they have returned she has spent more and more time plinking and when I showed her Daisy makes the same model in hot pink it was all over!

So that pink Daisy was her bday gift and this Christmas it’ll be a hot pink Cricket single shot 22 which she will outgrow by either her bday or Christmas in 2022 when she will receive the Muddy Girl Camo M&P15-22!

The point is I must buy it now ... seriously considering also getting the Robin Egg Blue Camo version “just in case.”

During all this, I came across a M&P 15-22 pistol that I think will go nicely with the Stribog SP9A3 so, I scooped that up, as well :innocent0

And, because I was a Boy Scout, now have 25 in the wrapper new mags for the M&P15-22’s ... that’ll last until the rifles get passed to THEIR grandkids, if not longer :patriot:

*- you know, the ones that all of a sudden decided, “Gee, maybe WE DO need a gun!” this past summer.

Attachments

• 11EF67A2-0E6A-4C17-B14F-A823221C7C39.jpg
      11EF67A2-0E6A-4C17-B14F-A823221C7C39.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 191
    • 55FD6535-9722-4F8C-8574-7C27CB8F6FCA.jpg
      55FD6535-9722-4F8C-8574-7C27CB8F6FCA.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 197
    • D6D1DA91-7E57-455D-B7F2-42B31B2E5EF0.jpeg
      D6D1DA91-7E57-455D-B7F2-42B31B2E5EF0.jpeg
      13.8 KB · Views: 191
    • 365B0DF7-08E4-4296-8B7D-E2B57D056042.jpeg
      365B0DF7-08E4-4296-8B7D-E2B57D056042.jpeg
      19.3 KB · Views: 184

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I looked for a Muddy Girl AR a few years back and couldn't find one... wound up getting a Pepto-bismol-pink AR and my daughter loves it. Hasn't outgrown it yet and hopefully won't. I must admin that it is one of the better ARs in our house, and I don't mind shooting it myself (I shoot my best groups with the damned thing). Nobody is going to laugh at me while I have it in my hands.... behind my back, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom