• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    the tackle box has goex , alittle bit more , i paid 32.00 w/tax . clydes in lithicum usually has it also .

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I checked the site. I may be mistaken, but it appears that the price you quote is for 25... one pound cans.. without folks to split, as I noted, that’s a little much for an individual. And I had no takers in a split order.

May need to take the ride for a weekend getaway for the family and work in a stop on the way. I’ll call ahead to see if the place 5hrs that way has any in stock.

Track of the Wolf says the $26.92 price includes shipping and hazmat fees. The only unknown is whether they charge Maryland tax. If they do, the price becomes $28.53 per can/pound.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Like the others have stated, Back Creek Gun Shop in Winchester is the place to go.
    If you buy 25 1 pound cans it’s 21.83 a pound with tax.
    If you buy it in bulk, and everyone going in has empty cans to fill it’s 19.93 a pound with tax.

So if Track of the wolf charges MD tax,(28.53) taking a ride to Winchester and buying all cans would save you 167.50

Buying a 25 pound bulk bag you would save $215 on 25 pounds over going with TOTF

Might be worth the ride?

Or Maybe find a NSSA member close to you, and ask them to pick some up for you?

Looks like no matches are going to happen in Winchester until after April 28th this year.

russ498

Feb 8, 2021
    Pasadena, MD 21122
    Like the others have stated, Back Creek Gun Shop in Winchester is the place to go.
    If you buy 25 1 pound cans it’s 21.83 a pound with tax.
    If you buy it in bulk, and everyone going in has empty cans to fill it’s 19.93 a pound with tax.

So if Track of the wolf charges MD tax,(28.53) taking a ride to Winchester and buying all cans would save you 167.50

Buying a 25 pound bulk bag you would save $215 on 25 pounds over going with TOTF

Might be worth the ride?

Or Maybe find a NSSA member close to you, and ask them to pick some up for you?

Looks like no matches are going to happen in Winchester until after April 28th this year.

I want 5 cans so I would save $33.50 minus 4 to 6 hours and a tank of gas.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I want 5 cans so I would save $33.50 minus 4 to 6 hours and a tank of gas.

Do you know any NSSA members near you? If so contact them. They might help you out. I’m a member but I’m less than 1 hours drive to Winchester, so that’s still to far for you.

If not, I guess you’ll have to pay the higher price

577Nitro

May 8, 2019
    Calvert County
    Hodgdons

Checked their site yesterday, and they do have it in stock...probably for a few hours...and yes they can and do sell direct to customers, but not large quantities.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    For what it’s worth I picked up 1lb of Goex FFF at Brownstone Trading Co. not too long ago. He may still have some as he does a lot with muzzleloaders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom