• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Well, I'm a F'ing American (Wop, Mic an Arapaho). If that bothers you, tough. Didn't your mother teach you sticks an stones can break your bones but words can never harm you?

Damn young pups.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Well, I'm a F'ing American (Wop, Mic an Arapaho). If that bothers you, tough. Didn't your mother teach you sticks an stones can break your bones but words can never harm you?

Damn young pups.

Damn T, he called you a young'n. You should be even more offended.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Why convert it? It's "authentic" in 7.62, and 7.62 mm Garands shoot very well. Some say better than '06.

Well aware of the 7.62, trained on Garand chambered for it and stood watch with it. Personal preference, I LOVE the 06 and having a ton of brass and several other rifles chambered in it helps make me like what I do.

Too many redundant cartridges as it is. :)

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I did some reading on them today.

Although it is a lot of money, the collectors and Garand aficionados seem to think it is a good price. They are both M1D sniper variants, so they are a lot more rare than a standard M1 (CMP Service grade is $750 right now, which seems like a heck of a deal).

The accessories with the $4K one with original scope, mount, and pad seem like they are worth quite a bit on their own. Classic was selling the same Breda M1D with scope for $5K in 2020 and they sold out fast. The package with the crate is pretty cool. You could get the cheaper one and repro parts...but it will still cost some money.

The Italian Garands were the last produced and have a good rep.

And they are (re)chambered in a caliber with lots of ammo options (in good times anyway). It’s not like the old days where you could have crates of surplus Garand-specific 30.06 delivered any time you wanted. But maybe you already stocked up on crates of surplus 7.62x51 back in the day...

Plus they are C&R eligible - so if you have your license, shipped to your home, not an FFL with a transfer fee.

I guess we will see if anyone pulled the trigger...and maybe posts some pics and reviews when it arrives :D

And maybe has to sell stuff in the classifieds to make up for it :(

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Price is ok. Tradex had matching ones. They have a non matching one for sale for awhile for the equivalent of $3,900USD. If you were able to guarantee a matching example I would have bought one. Classic got just over $5k for one on gunbroker last year I believe. Like most surplus these days they came from Limex. Limex bought them from Italian Government like the Carcanos. As for thread title are people really that sensitive? Would Dago had been better?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Someone did an unboxing and shooting video of his PSA Breda M1D - looks very accurate once he got everything dialed in. The wood on his stock seems worse than other pics people have posted to the CMP Forums, but the metal seems great.

https://youtu.be/qUDVM_SaM6U

Mine hasn’t shipped yet :(

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They don't fall into my sphere of collecting but yes, these are a good price. It's the completeness of the package that makes them so attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom