• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    I would start by getting some insurance for them based off of their current value. At least you will be covered until you can figure out the physical storage situation. I would recommend that even with a safe. Just my 2 cents.

Much appreciated. I have realized that my ammo is worth almost as much as my rifles.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    This made me laugh.

But your comment that you didnt have room for a safe but from your profile you’ve got quite a few rifles. Those have got to be taking up quite a bit of space too. You could probably get decent 36 rifle safe about the size of small fridge for about $1500. I suspect you would spend at least $80 or more per month to rent a storage space.

Maybe get a big Rottweiler too.

a while back about 10 years ago I had a freind who was into shooting and we went shooting just about every weekend then he lost interest. I bought a bunch of rifles with a personal loan and then was left hanging. I had them stored at his house and never saw them so I moved them to another freind who ended up doing the same. I love my rifles and they all have gained value. But no I am not some person loaded with money. I will probably end up buying a safe.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    428-hero-on-a-hook-fish.jpg

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    IMO it would be best to get a safe from a company like Liberty. The amount you will spend on rental fees you could finance a Liberty safe and have direct access to your firearms with fire and security protection on site. Add to that insurance is the next thing. Most homeowner policy’s have a limit on firearm protection. I struggled with this same problem for awhile and finally broke down and bought a safe and added an additional insurance policy to cover replacement. In addition to these protections I also took pictures and did an excel spreadsheet which is stored on a couple of different thumb drives and stored in different places in the event of a fire or break in. Finally I use simply safe for an alarm system and bought Arlo camera system which one of them provides 24/7 4K surveillance of my safe and stored on their cloud.

Seems like overkill, I know. But I value my firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom