• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Mine came.....busted :sad20:

Two large bottles in a big box with zero protection.

I was given a refund, but should I try to pour these into another container and use them? I think it would be fine, but my wife says “toss them”.

CA3185-E0-2-D93-40-ED-BA7-E-01-A21471-B4-F5.jpg

That sucks! Received mine yesterday intact. Will be doing some wings with it over this weekend.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD

I was given a refund, but should I try to pour these into another container and use them? I think it would be fine, but my wife says “toss them”.

Dang. Mine arrives today all the way from new york. I have a feeling its gonna be busted too.
    Brother got his yesterday intact but his shipped from baltimore.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I ordered two quart bottles of Mae Ploy chili pepper sauce from the Amazon. It was drop shipped from Wallyworld. Cardboard box, absolutely zero padding and yes, two smashed glass bottles of sauce. :cool:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Looks like Hilary sat on them...:innocent0

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Did wings with the Old Bay hot sauce. Turned out fantastic!

Attachments

• 065A2BE3-3514-445E-BDB7-ADDA20C13DC7.jpg
      065A2BE3-3514-445E-BDB7-ADDA20C13DC7.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 138

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    be careful who the seller is if you buy from amazon. if it doesn't smell funny, I'd probably do a test and try it..... hotsauce is usually pretty safe. is there a simiple at home food test, other than smell?

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I grow and make my own Reaper and Habiaaro sauces but if you find a sauce you like but it doesn't have enough heat, try adding some Reaper dust to it. A little goes a Loooooooooong way.

Many folks want more heat for wings, chilli etc and to get it keep adding their preferred hot sauce to raise get the heat but end up with a dish that tastes like hot sauce instead of a nice chilli spaghetti or whatever sauce. The solution is to add super hot chill powder/sauce of your choice to add heat w/o overpowering your original sauce. I like Reapers but Chocolate 7 Pots is also excellent for a milder super hot chilli.

http://volcanicpeppers.com/volcano-dust/ is an excellent source for powders. Their Volcano Dust 2 is a nice medium blend for those that can't take Pure Reaper powder. Btw, this is excellent stuff to add heat to mustard and/or ketchup.

For popcorn lovers, try your favorite crab seasoning, (ex 80%Old Bay/20% Kosher rock salt) mix w/ a little of a super hot powder and give it a try. YMMV

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    Never tried it. Is it salty? I mean too salty for a hot sauce?
    I tried making my own by mixing old bay and hot sauce together and it was to salty for me, but I assumed I put to much old bay in it. I received sauce from Amazon and it tastes just like my mix to salty!!!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    be careful who the seller is if you buy from amazon. if it doesn't smell funny, I'd probably do a test and try it..... hotsauce is usually pretty safe. is there a simiple at home food test, other than smell?
    Wife test...:innocent0

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Had some scalded oysters the other night and used the old bay hot saice. Freakin' outstanding!!

Attachments

• Resized_20210407_193519.jpg
      Resized_20210407_193519.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads