How prepared are you for a home invasion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I have 911 on speed dial and Brian Frosh looking out for me.....I feel safe/prepared :lol2:

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I have a moat around my house, I also have a herd of elephants. Here I am filling the moat.

hqdefault.jpg

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    As mentioned earlier, you want deterrence and time through layers.

-Well lit home.

-Doors always closed / locked.

-We never answer door for strangers.

-Nest doorbell to vet strangers who could be legit such as a repair person or an official of some sort. The census canvasser for examples...told her I’d do it online.

-Outside kept tidy: no newspapers, empty trash cans, etc. Never looks like we’re on vacation.

-I have hidden sensors that chime if you walk through perimeter of yard. The receiver is on my nightstand but can be heard thru house. Each monitor has a unique sound / number so I know which side of house was crossed.

-360 degrees of elevated visibility. Several nest outdoor cameras push notifications to my cell phone 24/7. That system has AI to discern between wind and people.

-Dog with bed is strategically located to hear and see visitors...even reacts to the sensor chimes now!

-Monitored home security system and sign.

I have NO guns or ammo due to unfortunate boating accident.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    If anyone is interested in hardening their doors, I posted a set of Abloy locks and door armor in the classified section

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    My wife and I each have a Glock 9mm, I have 45 LC revolver with soft lead rounds, that I prefer. If my revolver runs out of ammo, I can retreat to my office (one of the bedrooms) and retrieve my gunstock club for hand to hand combat. :D I planned to decorate it better,but I got too many hobbies.

The lab wakes up and sounds the alarm if anyone come through the door, so plenty of time to load. We live in the country, so I doubt anything like that will happen, but I can make them sorry if they want to try.

BTW, I am grooming a Russian Olive branch to grow straight up. Waiting until it is thick enough and going to harvest it for a spear shaft. I got a 2" head already with no barbs so its easy to pull out. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
      IMG_1306.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads