• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good to see you. Today was Fidelity's first time too. There were a few other MDS'ers there too: The younger RSO was 4g64loser. ... Fortunately, El Cheapo (TC Compass in 6.5CM) saved the day.

Good to meet you too. I was actually really enjoying the conditions. I haven’t had much of a chance to practice my wind reading/calling skills but today was a good exercise. I was fun trying to help Fidelity get on target. ....

I had so much fun joining you guys on Saturday. Thanks for bringing me along. ToolAA indeed makes everything easier for a completely new long distance shooter such as myself. And SG is always prepared with plenty of rifles and handloads to ensure that we'll get on target. I enjoyed shooting the TC Compass. Now, learning the sad news about R&R, I'll be on a mission to make sure his Ruger 308 bolt action connects on the next outting. I'll also leave the Browning lever action at home (lol).

Today was my first frontier practice day at Pacemaker in West Virginia. Had an awesome time! I was able to make impact around the 630 yard range which is further than I have ever shot in the past. Got hung up at the 990 yard target but in was windy today. I was with a a friend of mine that was familiar with the range so all was cool.

First time shooting from prone position. First time shooting that far out. Cool part... I met Fidelity, Toolaa and got reacquainted with Squaregrouper.

If anyone has been wanting to try out long range, this is a great laid back way to get involved. Had a blast!:party29:

Great seeing you, as well, and connecting with 4g64loser. Agree that the venue is wonderful.

38a70de6d52de3671feabd691bd127af.jpg
    4553c8dfdc97ed21e1d466b768d3eec1.jpg

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    the lrc IS practice! and of course fun. don't not do it.

That's all I needed to hear, you talked me into it.

I did one Frontier Day before my first LRC. Prior to that I had only shot long distance one time at Ed Shell's class.
    Haven't been to a Frontier Day since then but have shot in multiple LRC matches.
    I usually finish closer to the bottom between my caliber choice (.308) and my lack of experience. I learn more every time I'm out there and just try to get better.
    Do yourself a favor and just come shoot an LRC. I usually shoot the Friday match with a friend of mine on Squad 2, you're welcome to squad with us anytime.

Thank you very much! I will take you up on that sometime this season. I look forward to seeing you there. Will shoot a PM your way when I decide to do a LRC.:thumbsup:

jeff g

BANNED!!!
    Jul 7, 2020
    It all sounds nice but makes me miss Colorado, and the abundant free shooting in open land.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    If anyone is on the Pasadena area i will be shooting the AM session on Saturday rain or shine. I will be take 100 to 70 then up. If anyone wants to carpool let me know we can split gas plan on stopping before range for drinks and snacks.. I have a new Subaru Outback plenty of room for another. I plan on being on the range at 0730 until time is up or we are finished I’m not a serial killer lol retired army

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    If anyone is on the Pasadena area i will be shooting the AM session on Saturday rain or shine. I will be take 100 to 70 then up. If anyone wants to carpool let me know we can split gas plan on stopping before range for drinks and snacks.. I have a new Subaru Outback plenty of room for another. I plan on being on the range at 0730 until time is up or we are finished I’m not a serial killer lol retired army

This Saturday July 3rd?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Sorry that I will miss you. I am signed up for the PM shoot. I am hoping that the weather cooperates. Good luck knocking the fresh paint off of that steel!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I’m home alone this weekend my wife and son are both out of town let me check tonight and see if there are any open spots and also let me see if I have enough ammo. 20-30 rounds would be more than enough. I’ll be working late tonight so I probably won’t be able to confirm until around 9pm.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    No issue I don't think I will be long either I just have to True my Ballistics App with my Primary and backup load.

Ok I checked online and they still have open spots. However the only ammo I have are some hunting rounds. I’m not going to have enough time tomorrow or Friday to whip up some hand loads. It’s a bummer because I need some time behind the rifle after the last few 60hr work weeks I’ve been pulling.

May 25, 2021
    I just read the is whole thread and it’s got me super excited to start distance shooting in the future! Love the camaraderie!

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I just read the is whole thread and it’s got me super excited to start distance shooting in the future! Love the camaraderie!

You will enjoy it. It is the first Saturday of each month.
    https://peacemakernational.com/frontierpractice/
    I hit 1025 yards today twice after a couple of misses. Overall my consistency is improving and I am becoming comfortable with my gun and shooting from the prone position. I'm having fun! :party29:

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    A person who doesn’t have a load or rifle ready but wants to participate could always go and spot for a buddy. Good learning experience. Nothing like watching the trace in the morning at 1030 yards. Especially with a slow round like a 308. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom