• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo

Unfortunately, that is neither easy, nor cheap. The communists are buying votes with assurances of handouts for those legally here, and the promise of citizenship to those who aren't. Those on the right are against endless spending, meaningless lies, and the lowering of the quality of life for all in the US, and especially lawful residents and citizens. The illegals have nothing to lose, otherwise they wouldn't have left their countries. Those voting based on expected future handouts have nothing to lose because they're not inclined to work anyway.

If a person does not believe in the good of the country, in performing his civic duties, that there are positive attributes to working, then chances are they're going to vote for the Left, and the current situation will only worsen. Luckily, the bulk of the immigration seems to be coming from places with a strong religious belief, and sense of community. Unfortunately, the education levels are extremely low, or non existent.

To sum it up, I think removing the braces would be the easiest, short term, solution.

seawalker

Apr 11, 2021
    City GTTF
    Still confused on the folding stock. This would have to be pinned as well if you are using it to meet the 29” overall length, right?

Im debating on just listing my CZ scorpion on Gun Broker now before the new proposed brace rules come out and trying to get what I can. Maybe replace it with something fun to shoot like a Shadow 2 pistol. I don’t see much point in trying to add a long stock to make an 8 inch barrel MD compliant.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Still confused on the folding stock. This would have to be pinned as well if you are using it to meet the 29” overall length, right?

Im debating on just listing my CZ scorpion on Gun Broker now before the new proposed brace rules come out and trying to get what I can. Maybe replace it with something fun to shoot like a Shadow 2 pistol. I don’t see much point in trying to add a long stock to make an 8 inch barrel MD compliant.

NO, a folding stock does NOT need to be pinned when measured. It just needs to be extended.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So to come full circle on this thread, are SBR's legal in MD?

Yes.

Centerfire semi autos must be over 29" in length. That measurement is to be taken with the stock unfolded or telescopic stock(as in AR 15 carbine stocks) extended all the way out.

All other types of actions, bolt, single shot, rimfire, etc, do not require a minimum length.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yes.

Centerfire semi autos must be over 29" in length. That measurement is to be taken with the stock unfolded or telescopic stock(as in AR 15 carbine stocks) extended all the way out.

All other types of actions, bolt, single shot, rimfire, etc, do not require a minimum length.
    Do you know where it is written that the measurement should be made with stock fully extended and not collapsed?

Thanks in advance

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In the absence of Maryland explicitly setting their own definition . the standard ATF protocol is used .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AFAIK MD does not specify how to measure. They only say a copycat is less than 29 inches

Only in MD can the police state a firearm can be a pistol and a long gun at the same time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I am kind of curious if anyone ( cops ) would recognize an sbr with an under 29 oal length. I mean federally its legal to form 1 an ar with a 12.5 barrel and then put on a 8 inch barrel later.

Or maybe a sbr 8" that 99% of the time has a 22 conversion kit in it, making it a rim fire. But what happens when a 223 bcg gets dropped in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ATF won't approve a Form 1 that is not in compliance with state law .

A pre 10/ 13 SBR is grandfathered from the FSA requirements . One that was already an SBR before 10/ 13 , not one subsequently made from a pre '13 reciever .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

A pre 10/ 13 SBR is grandfathered from the FSA requirements . One that was already an SBR before 10/ 13 , not one subsequently made from a pre '13 reciever .
    ^^^ This

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018

Yes but what happens if an ar is sbr'ed with a 12.5 barrel making it long enough per MD law. Then federally its legal to change the upper to a 8 inch barrel, if its a short term swap no need to notify the ATF. The atf does not say once it has a 12.5 barrel it has to have a 12.5 barrel. Is the stamp voided, no. Now its just not legal per maryland, you could go to PA ( with the proper paperwork ) and put on a 8 inch barrel and shoot it perfectly legally. Question is how many cops would even know that technically putting on the 8 inch barreled upper on approved sbr would be a no no in MD.

I guess this is a see nothing, know nothing, answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom