• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    For 230 dollars plus shipping- I’m going with a sons of Liberty gun works (160 dollars) probably better quality than a colt anyway. ( if it’s actually colt even producing these )

If I was bent on spending 230 dollars on a bcg, a geissele rebcg seems much nicer.

I have a couple SOLGW and prefer them as well , just can’t find any in stock right now

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    PSA had them but wasn’t comfortable with reviews and shipping. Was on list then they notified me . Bought from Joe Bob Outfitters, wmd nib , very happy with it shipped quickly ,150 $. Bought from them on a whim/ chance .kinda. my new go to place .

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    PSA had them but wasn’t comfortable with reviews and shipping. Was on list then they notified me . Bought from Joe Bob Outfitters, wmd nib , very happy with it shipped quickly ,150 $. Bought from them on a whim/ chance .kinda. my new go to place .

The phosphate option via PSA has a better chance of being in spec than the NIB option.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Totally agree.

Not saying NiB carriers can’t be decent, but I’ve heard of way to many failures with them. Between out of spec gas ring runs to loose gas keys, I don’t think I’ll ever run one.

I normally reset and seal the gas keys as well as replace the screws if they are the wrong grade. I've suffered failures as well. I only buy phosphate BCG now for the same reason.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I normally reset and seal the gas keys as well as replace the screws if they are the wrong grade. I've suffered failures as well. I only buy phosphate BCG now for the same reason.

Yeah, I’ve come back around to them myself after watching a bunch of chads videos. I too liked the easier to clean nib and rock river chrome bcg. I still like the easy tj clean factor and the rra chrome bcg, but I won’t be buying anymore nib after what chad has shown me.

He does seem to like the chrome bcg rock river occasionally offers, last I checked.

I’ve been waiting to find a solgw phosphate carrier with no luck over the past year.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    Totally agree.

Not saying NiB carriers can’t be decent, but I’ve heard of way to many failures with them.

I ran an Aero NiB BCG in my 300 Blackout, and the only problem that I had with it was not locking back on the last round. I rebuilt the bolt with a BCM extractor, mouse turd and Sprinco 5-coil spring, and it ran flawlessly except for not locking back. Now I run MA nitride BCG's and keep the ol' Aero NiB as a range backup.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I ran an Aero NiB BCG in my 300 Blackout, and the only problem that I had with it was not locking back on the last round. I rebuilt the bolt with a BCM extractor, mouse turd and Sprinco 5-coil spring, and it ran flawlessly except for not locking back. Now I run MA nitride BCG's and keep the ol' Aero NiB as a range backup.

Sounds like your gun was under gassed. Possibly a small gas port in the barrel. Seen it before.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    Sounds like your gun was under gassed. Possibly a small gas port in the barrel. Seen it before.

Nope, it was the NiB bolt. It locked back with my MA nitride, SOLGW phosphate, and my son's Aero nitride. It just didn't like the Aero NiB. It wouldn't lock back in my son's 5.56 either. The next time I see the SOLGW or BCM bolts in stock, I'll grab one and throw it in the NiB carrier.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nope, it was the NiB bolt. It locked back with my MA nitride, SOLGW phosphate, and my son's Aero nitride. It just didn't like the Aero NiB. It wouldn't lock back in my son's 5.56 either. The next time I see the SOLGW or BCM bolts in stock, I'll grab one and throw it in the NiB carrier.

Cool. There are a lot of NiB BCGs that are not in spec. That's been the biggest problem with them all along. The problem usually lies in the carrier and not the bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom