Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 11th, 2021, 05:56 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
A lot of great info here but haven't seen any talk about the form 1 option since the first page. This sounds like a good option to reduce the wait time?
Is there a sticky for the current Form1 process. I am tempted to Form 1 another can but I did the last one before the new process. Definitely would appreciate if someone could make a walkthrough for the current process.
Stamp collector
Part-time paper puncher
md_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 07:08 PM #52
American Patriot

American Patriot

When you say build your own can, can you purchase the baffles, end plates, tube etc. or do you have to fabricate the parts?

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:05 AM #53
For great Justice

For great Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_al View Post
Is there a sticky for the current Form1 process. I am tempted to Form 1 another can but I did the last one before the new process. Definitely would appreciate if someone could make a walkthrough for the current process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John from MD View Post
When you say build your own can, can you purchase the baffles, end plates, tube etc. or do you have to fabricate the parts?
https://www.quietbore.com/2020/10/14...rom-quietbore/

basically
1. pick out a form 1 kit, get specs/length/caliber etc, info only, do not buy it(having parts without a form 1 can get your dog shot), although some may allow a "deposit" and hold it till you have a form 1. get prints or do them yourself on FBI standard print cards
2. file a form 1 on the atf website with the spec info.
3. get confirm on the filing and a cover sheet, mail cover sheet and print cards to the ATF, send the letter to your CLEO.
4. get the F1 approved, buy the F1 suppressor kit and jig, most sellers now need a copy of your F1 before they send it. They should engrave it for you.
5. drill it, build it, use a test rod to make sure everything lines up and you won't get a baffle strike.
6. test fire. test with a brace before you pin/weld the mount and tube if you are doing a single stamp rifle with < 16" barrel.

A decent kit is stupid easy to make, basically drill baffles/end cap with a drill press, centering jig and assemble. Some may add clips, slots or ports in the baffles with a milling bit to get a little better performance.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins

Last edited by alucard0822; May 12th, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:04 AM #54

I also have a Sparrow that can be cleaned, .22 cal. is dirty so cleaning is a must IMO. Silencershop has been great as I have a Trust for the Family ....anyway I have Four in the Wait game to finish the Job.You can order more than one and You have an active window of 12 Months if you want something else! All my Tax Stamp Fee Checks have been cashed ....so it is the waiting game now. Good Luck! Also they will make you wait to submit the PW until the BO can arrives, for the serial Number.
Bootknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:52 AM #55

Quote:
Did you start the process with a Silencer Shop's on line account? Do you have to send a check yourself or is that part of the buying process through SS? What does the trust do for you if you are going to be the only shooter?

TIA
John,

I started the process all online via Silencer Shop and finished paperwork and fingerprints at the kiosk. There is an app for Silencer Shop so you can do a passport photo as well. Silencer Shop collected the tax stamp lumped together with everything so it was a one lump sum payment via credit card to silencer shop. It was pretty easy, except for the waiting, although mine didn't take nearly as long as I had been hearing.
awdnick2986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:54 AM #56
GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)

Reach out to A-1 Uniform in Brentwood, if yo are in the DC suburbs. Ask for Mike. He will get you up and rolling in no time (aside from the year it will take you to get your federal paperwork done). He has SEVERAL high value for the cost options for you to choose from...

Call the number listed for them on-line, and ask for the gun store when they answer.
ralph.mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:55 AM #57

Also, John. Forgot to answer your last question. Trust doesn't really do much if you are the only shooter. I added it so that if I ever want to lend it out to a friend I can easily add them without having to get them to sign anything like a normal trust. I looked at it as a small price to pay to future proof my purchase.
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:07 PM #58
American Patriot

American Patriot

Thanks for explaining the details awdick2986, it helps. One more thing I need clarified. If you order online, do you have to wait for something sent to you before you go over to the FFL?

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:22 PM #59

John, I had an Older Trust so I went Back to that Law Firm and got an Update. Then I wanted the Grand Kids on the New Trust. I was able to do all that from here in Florida even though the Family is Spread out. Silencershop and the Kiosk Platform allowed Folks in NC, and Baton Rouse La to get on my Trust. They are great to work with and will help You through the Fog. This Trust gives me the ability to let the Family enjoy using the Cans in the Trust. My # is in the members info if you need to chat.
Bootknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:50 PM #60

Quote:
Thanks for explaining the details awdick2986, it helps. One more thing I need clarified. If you order online, do you have to wait for something sent to you before you go over to the FFL?
John, I am trying to remember the specific order. I think it went like this, ordered and paid for everything from Silencer Shop. During the time it took for Silencer Shop to ship to the FFL, I went in and did fingerprints and filled out personal info at the kiosk and used the app to upload photo. Once the FFL received the silencer, they did their paperwork electronically, and I had to fill out/sign my stuff electronically. From there it was sent to ATF and you basically waited for the Silencer Shop order status to show check cashed. Once that happened the clock starts for wait time. Mine was about 5 or so months from check cashed to the call that it was ready for pick up. Silencer Shops site was still showing checked cashed and hadn't updated to approved when I got the call. All in all, what seemed like an intimidating process was very simple.

Nick

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II