• J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Love my XDm's but this definitely isn't on the need to purchase list

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Data sheet here:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/3638...15HkQWi3U65p_aieZucA5TyJpif1lw&_hsmi=51291932

The looks of it probably won't grow on me, :tdown: but glad to see they omitted the grip safety. :thumbsup:

Worst part is the manual external safety. I won't own it for that reason alone. :tdown:

Looks very tall, high bore axis; that sucks too. :tdown:

Fiber front sight, smart. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I think the real news is the "Low-effort Slide" L.E.S they are calling it. If it does make it much easier for the user to 'rack' the slide, then they have really accomplished something. This is one of three issues many new shooters, or shooters with weak hand strength have trouble with, racking and locking the slide back. The other two issues being pulling the trigger (of a gun with ~heavy trigger pull), and managing recoil. The high bore axis makes recoil probably more pronounced. :tdown:
    I'd like to know how many pounds of force does it take to pull the slide to its full open position, in comparison with other popular guns.

:thumbsup: I also like the single-double action, being able to dry-fire the pistol without 'charging' it between dry-fire shots is a big plus. Striker fire pistols require charging everytime, and this can develop a training scar (meaning you do it so often in training, that you might do it the same 'training' way, when it functions differently under real stress/shooting).

That's all I got at first glance, I'll go read you-all's comments, and can't wait to shoot the thing. First person to get one should invite us over for a shooting party! :D

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Speculation vs reality was pretty entertaining this time around. I was not expecting much given the amount of effort they put into releasing . . . a good quality, affordably priced AR15 with pretty standard features. My favorite rumor about this release was that it would be an affordable 1911 hybrid alternative to the Wilson Combat edc x9. Instead what we got was a product that I don't think anyone was really asking for, and a press release defending Springfield's current special interest lobbying/anti-2a appeasement efforts in Illinois.

Meanwhile I'm over on CZ's website browsing through their Maryland legal all metal behemoths.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Data sheet here:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/3638...15HkQWi3U65p_aieZucA5TyJpif1lw&_hsmi=51291932

The looks of it probably won't grow on me, :tdown: but glad to see they omitted the grip safety. :thumbsup:

Worst part is the manual external safety. I won't own it for that reason alone. :tdown:

Looks very tall, high bore axis; that sucks too. :tdown:

Fiber front sight, smart. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I think the real news is the "Low-effort Slide" L.E.S they are calling it. If it does make it much easier for the user to 'rack' the slide, then they have really accomplished something. This is one of three issues many new shooters, or shooters with weak hand strength have trouble with, racking and locking the slide back. The other two issues being pulling the trigger (of a gun with ~heavy trigger pull), and managing recoil. The high bore axis makes recoil probably more pronounced. :tdown:
    I'd like to know how many pounds of force does it take to pull the slide to its full open position, in comparison with other popular guns.

:thumbsup: I also like the single-double action, being able to dry-fire the pistol without 'charging' it between dry-fire shots is a big plus. Striker fire pistols require charging everytime, and this can develop a training scar (meaning you do it so often in training, that you might do it the same 'training' way, when it functions differently under real stress/shooting).

That's all I got at first glance, I'll go read you-all's comments, and can't wait to shoot the thing. First person to get one should invite us over for a shooting party! :D

It's easier to rack the slide only because the hammer acts as a secondary recoil spring.... like on every hammer-fired gun. If you carry cocked with the safety on, the slide is lighter. However, the safety is too small to be user friendly under stress. I've also seen that the trigger has a LOT of creep in SA and has pretty long reset. If you carry in double-action, you've got a 12 lb...looooong double action and you're back to a heavy slide. This looks like a big ol' fat ball of suck to me.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's easier to rack the slide only because the hammer acts as a secondary recoil spring.... like on every hammer-fired gun. If you carry cocked with the safety on, the slide is lighter. However, the safety is too small to be user friendly under stress. I've also seen that the trigger has a LOT of creep in SA and has pretty long reset. If you carry in double-action, you've got a 12 lb...looooong double action and you're back to a heavy slide. This looks like a big ol' fat ball of suck to me.

Wow. So just marketing and essentially just a regular ol' DA/SA; what a crock!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Thumb safety and exposed hammer...not for me.

At least it doesn't have a grip safety and at least the grip seems to be aggressively textured.

Why they'd put a rail on such a small gun is beyond me.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    It's actually a lot better looking if you see it from an angle. The slide is definitely tall, but it's not nearly as chunky as a Hi Point.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    It's the only single stack, polymer, sa/da pistol I'm aware of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Think I'd rather have a go at the new Beretta, and I'm a guy who carries a Xdm everyday. And I don't mind and really don't even notice the grip safety.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I might be interested in a full sized, double stack 45 version if I can use my XD45 mags with it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The grip frame looks reduced proportional to the pistols action. Throw in the easy racking slide and there is a recipe for sales to small handed, weaker shooters. The hammer fire action is an improvement. Thumb safety is in the right place and as with any firearm requires a training regimen, no more. Is it the end all design pistol - I don't think so. Looks good for a carry pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom