• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sportsman Outdoor Superstore just reduced prices on these such that they're now closer to Smith & Wesson pricing ...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...portsman/double-action-revolvers/brand/KIMBER

The plain Jane models are now $700 and a real purdy polished stainless version with wood grips is now $870.

These have largely received good reviews for their smooth double-action trigger pull and their compact size despite being a 6-shot 357 Magnum revolver.

k6s_dcr_main_503x505.png

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If I didn't get a line on one of the new Colt Cobras , I was thinking about it. Maybe next year.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looks nice, but that price is in the S&W 686 range. I know Kimber makes a great pistol but that's a lot for an unproven revolver.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Looks nice, but that price is in the S&W 686 range. I know Kimber makes a great pistol but that's a lot for an unproven revolver.

I wouldn't really say unproven. Its had a lot of positive buzz and it's a big name maker. Kimbers main issue with these is they didn't drop enough quantity and the price is to high. The 6 Shot 357 is supposed to be the ultimate CCW but I mean for 400 less I can get a S&W 442. Kind of hard to justify the 400 bucks for a belly gun that you just kind of need to go bang 3/4 times and then run.

I love the looks of the Kimber and due to the low sales and quantity of this thing..........if that trend continues...........I foresee this thing being worth a lot 20 years from now.

Kimber priced themselves out of this market IMHO with a new entry. Drop the price to 500, get the exposure from real world CCWers and let the buzz surround the gun and then drop the 2.0 at a higher price point.

Pistols over 600 bucks end up falling into the Niche market category in my opinion. No first time gun buyer is going to spend 700 on this thing.

All that crapping on kimber aside, I do want one!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Would love to do a comparison between the K6S, a 2-inch barreled Chiappa Rhino, a J-frame S&W, the Ruger SP101, and the new Colt Cobra. Perhaps also throw in the new 2.75-inch barreled K-frame S&W Model 66.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Would love to do a comparison between the K6S, a 2-inch barreled Chiappa Rhino, a J-frame S&W, the Ruger SP101, and the new Colt Cobra. Perhaps also throw in the new 2.75-inch barreled K-frame S&W Model 66.

I wish you would get a Chiappa Rhino so I could make fun of you for getting a Chiappa Rhino. :lol2:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lol, I'll buy an ugly gun* for function if the ergos are good, as some reviews have suggested with the Rhino. But like the K6S, the Rhinos are relatively pricey, and I'd rather save for other items first.

*I do draw the line at coloration. The black Rhinos look fine to me. Some of their Italian designer gone crazy mixed color schemes, not so much.

maxresdefault.jpg

ca053cb79fb155a77e3ca90b7ff637bf--jedi-knight-price-list.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Lol, I'll buy an ugly gun* for function if the ergos are good, as some reviews have suggested with the Rhino. But like the K6S, the Rhinos are relatively pricey, and I'd rather save for other items first.

*I do draw the line at coloration. The black Rhinos look fine to me. Some of their Italian designer gone crazy mixed color schemes, not so much.

maxresdefault.jpg

ca053cb79fb155a77e3ca90b7ff637bf--jedi-knight-price-list.jpg

I've always wondered what it was like firing a Rhino, because the bore is lower than a standard revolver.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For those of you who want to jump on the revolver bandwagon. I have brand NOS 38spl ammo. By the case. Winchester Super X 158gr Semi-Wadcutter.

Not actively looking to sell or it would be in the classified section. This is the best ammo for a revolver. I've shot cases of this stuff and it works well in everything I've ever shot it from.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    For those of you who want to jump on the revolver bandwagon. I have brand NOS 38spl ammo. By the case. Winchester Super X 158gr Semi-Wadcutter.

Not actively looking to sell or it would be in the classified section. This is the best ammo for a revolver. I've shot cases of this stuff and it works well in everything I've ever shot it from.

The Kimber fanboy is known to the OP and myself. It is more of a inside joke than anything else and said fanboy has revolvers too, but not a Kimber revolver. Said fanboy informed me that he feels let down that it isn't a 44 MAG. Go figure...:rolleyes:

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    ...The 6 Shot 357 is supposed to be the ultimate CCW but I mean for 400 less I can get a S&W 442. Kind of hard to justify the 400 bucks for a belly gun that you just kind of need to go bang 3/4 times and then run...

It would make a sweet backup!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was speaking duty weapon......I'm a HUGE fan of this 43. HUGE FAN!!!!

Forgot about that. A huge fan of a small Glock. :innocent0

I didn't like the single stack, but that's why they make the 26. For people like me.

Stay safe out there.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Lol, I'll buy an ugly gun for function if the ergos are good, as some reviews have suggested with the Rhino. But like the K6S, the Rhinos are relatively pricey, and I'd rather save for other items first.

I do draw the line at coloration. The black Rhinos look fine to me. Some of their Italian designer gone crazy mixed color schemes, not so much.

It seems more difficult to build a fugly revolver than a fugly striker-fired pistol but somehow Chiappa managed to do just that. With such an abundance of unsightliness, it's bound to have some redeeming qualities, like, a nice trigger-pull, above average accuracy, low recoil, etc. Otherwise, why bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom