Who's voted early (2018 Midterm Elections)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I voted October 30.

Today is the last day for early voting in Maryland. Although it will be slightly crowded, it will be worse on Tuesday, November 6 on the general election day.

Most polls close at 8pm today. For early voting, you just need to go to an early voting location in your county. Frederick County has 4. Unlike on general election day where you have a specific precinct, you can use any of them. They'll ask you for your name, home address, and month and date of birth to see if you're a registered voter.

To find early voting locations, you can use these tools ...

https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/votersearch

https://gettothepolls.com

Please make your voice heard through exercising this right, as you do for your other rights.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If you haven't registered, you aren't SOL yet. You can register during early voting, which ends TODAY, 11/1, at an early voting center in your county, with proof of residence.

From the AG site: "Voter registration for the November 6 general election closes on October 15. If you register to vote before October 15, you will be registered in time for the November 6 general election. In addition, Maryland has same-day voter registration during early voting but NOT on Election Day. You can register to vote or change an existing voter registration during early voting (October 25 thru November 1) by going to an early voting center in the county where you live and bringing a document showing proof of residency. You can give proof of residency by showing the election judge a Maryland driver's license or identification card with your current address or, if you don't have these documents or they don't show your current address, you can show the election judge a paycheck, bank statement, utility bill, or other official document with your name and new address.

If the election judge determines that you are a resident of the county and qualified to register, you will be given a voter authority card to sign and then issued a regular ballot."

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I did an absentee ballet earlier in the month in order to avoid people.

I’ve posted this in one if the other voter thread, but I don’t think i’m ever going to the polls again. Absentee ballot from now in. I sat in front of my computer and looked up each candidate and took my time checking the boxes.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Absentee for me too, except that I'd miss the guy standing outside the precinct yesterday with the homemade sign that explained in detail Trump's dealings with and subservience to Putin... lol.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I’ve posted this in one if the other voter thread, but I don’t think i’m ever going to the polls again. Absentee ballot from now in. I sat in front of my computer and looked up each candidate and took my time checking the boxes.

Same. Absentee was such an easy and relaxed process compared to every polling place I’ve ever used. I forgot to look up one set of county candidates and had a chance to look them up instead of either not voting for the position or just arbitrarily picking one.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018

Agree. I did vote at the polls in Broward County, FL for the 2016 election and it wasn't a hassle. Wasn't even pestered by the "poll fleas" usually encountered outside bum rushing you w/ their political bologna.

I'm still in MD, but made sure my Florida absentee ballot was done and sent in early after taking the time to look at the "who" and the "what" before deciding. Not that it was too difficult to figure out which candidates are more likely to preserve, expand, or return Constitutional liberties and which ones aren't.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    We don't have electronic voting in Colorado. We get our ballots in the mail a month before the election and we can drop them in the mail at any time. I always wait until election day to drop mine off in the ballot box in person. I figure the less time they have to pull any shenanigans with my ballot the better.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG

I do the same ahead of time then go to early voting. Guess I feel I want my vote tallied at game time, not after.

BTW voted today was in and out 10 mins.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    If you haven't registered, you aren't SOL yet. You can register during early voting, which ends TODAY, 11/1, at an early voting center in your county, with proof of residence.

From the AG site: "Voter registration for the November 6 general election closes on October 15. If you register to vote before October 15, you will be registered in time for the November 6 general election. In addition, Maryland has same-day voter registration during early voting but NOT on Election Day. You can register to vote or change an existing voter registration during early voting (October 25 thru November 1) by going to an early voting center in the county where you live and bringing a document showing proof of residency. You can give proof of residency by showing the election judge a Maryland driver's license or identification card with your current address or, if you don't have these documents or they don't show your current address, you can show the election judge a paycheck, bank statement, utility bill, or other official document with your name and new address.

If the election judge determines that you are a resident of the county and qualified to register, you will be given a voter authority card to sign and then issued a regular ballot."

I was told by an election judge that if you show up to vote on the 6th and are not registered, you can still vote with a Provisional Ballot. He also said that anyone that shows up and is not on the voter rolls will be given a Provisional ballot and it will be sorted out (if they are eligible to vote or not) when they count them over the next couple of weeks.

Edit found the Provisional rule:. Here is the rule regarding showing up and voting and not being registered.
    https://elections.maryland.gov/laws_and_regs/documents/33.19.04.pdf

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Mailed our absentee ballots yesterday.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    Voted early on mid afternoon Saturday in Glen Burnie. It was busier than I thought since it was a rainy day and line is outside the library. The worker said they were busy all day.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was told by an election judge that if you show up to vote on the 6th and are not registered, you can still vote with a Provisional Ballot. He also said that anyone that shows up and is not on the voter rolls will be given a Provisional ballot and it will be sorted out (if they are eligible to vote or not) when they count them over the next couple of weeks.

Edit found the Provisional rule:. Here is the rule regarding showing up and voting and not being registered.
    Thanks for this information, and the polling updates that you've been posting in the other thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Don't count on it.

See my post in the other thread. I believe that the subparagraph you cited from COMAR doesn't apply, because two paragraphs before that it states that it doesn't apply to general elections, which this is.

Why would anybody risk not having their vote count? If you aren't registered, vote TODAY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom