• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I got HQL in May 2022 and actually purchased a handgun later in May of 2022. Applied for "Designated Collector" and got approved in June 2022. Later in June 2022, next application for firearm purchased "Placed on Hold"???

That is not uncommon to happen. Sometimes it is the result in a "delay" status on the federal NICS system. I would not be worried at this point.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Also be aware that self employed is no longer acceptable on your 77r. Licensing will kick out your application and you will have to wait another 7 days after it is fixed. Ask me how I know.
    Did you have to put “duck slayer”?

Luke30794

Jun 26, 2022
    Maryland
    That is not uncommon to happen. Sometimes it is the result in a "delay" status on the federal NICS system. I would not be worried at this point.
    Okay. My 77r disposition says "PLACED ON HOLD," I've emailed Maryland State Police. Do I need to do anything else? After 7 days is the FFL required to sell me a handgun?

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I actually got a call from the Licensing Division regarding the homemade firearms I recently registered (think what you will, but I'm not losing my law license over this) - they wanted to confirm the dates of manufacture, even though I clicked "pre-2013" on the application. First time I've ever been called by the Licensing Division. I thought it was because I have a few 77Rs going on at the same time (thanks again to Dan @ Baltimore's Best).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom