• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Well, if anyone is looking for the Henry AR-7, we have several of them in stock with nice little carry/survival bag and contents.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    One of the kids brought one to SASP practice once upon a time, and it was a shit-show in terms of reliability. Might have been the mags, I don't know, but compared to the 10/22s (and 10/22 copies), it was a giant PITA.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    If you do buy it, make sure to source a 3rd mag. It only comes with two, but you can store two in the stock and one in the receiver. Makes for a fun and tidy package!

My little rifle was dead-on at 25 yards, plus it is just a cool piece to have in the collection.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Dan Haga makes some interesting upgrades for them.

AR7MSI__32144.1565792246.jpg

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I love my AR-7. It works well for what it is designed for.
    I have the 10/22s also. They work well for their design intent also.
    You can also make a 22 hand crank Gatling gun with two 10/22s. It works well also and it very fun.

Enjoy you purchase decision and have fun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wonder if the pack is available separately?

BTW, the Henry version does not float, at least not for long.

The original Armalite version has a foam filled stock, so it will float for a very long time. The new versions don't have the foam filling, and the butt cap is NOT waterproof.

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    Had the charter arms version.
    Was a jamomatic
    Did sell it for more than I paid for it.
    10/22 take down or charger are the way to go.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Interesting thread... I bought a used Charter Arms version back in the '90's (?). Downsides: A "traveling zero" every time I took it down and reassembled... I think I can count on one hand the number of times I ran an entire mag without a FTF or FTE... accuracy was abysmal regardless of ammo (believe me, I tried!) Upside: it's compact and it floats...

At the time, the only 22 I owned was a Marlin-Glenfield M60... full length with a 17-shot tube magazine. I wanted something a bit more compact that I could realistically take on the trail with me... enter the AR7. It's a good concept, and obviously there's a demand, but I think the execution left a bit to be desired. Ultimately, I opted for a S&W M686 with a 4-inch barrel for trail duty. Fast forward and the .22 that occupies the "plinker" niche in my collection is.... yup... a boring Ruger 10/22. I say boring because every time I take it to the range it has held zero since the last time I shot it, feeds virtually all ammo, is acceptably accurate with most brands, and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger...

edited to add: ...Oh, and the magazines are damn near bomb-proof...

mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    Picked up my AR 7 last week nice, compact, accurate. But used it for the second time and the charging handle / pin fell out and was lost in the woods. Guess I will be on the phone to Henry on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom