• epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Sounds like a nice trigger slap to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Based on the wording of the Maryland law, almost certainly not if your case gets before a DA. As to a prosecution holding up...don’t know. Not for me to test.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Similiar Functions

This Trigger function like the short reset triggers on competition pistols. If forces a short reset, then you must pull the trigger. If you pull the trigger and hold like a normal rifle pull, It will fire and leave the bolt hold open. You must move your finger to actuate the trigger. This trigger functions like a paintball swing trigger! Or a Slap trigger!

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I am really surprised that I haven't seen any movement by the ATF on this trigger by now. I honestly believe that the FRT-15 is legal by the language of the law but with the current joke of an administration, it is only a matter of time before someone will try to ban these nationally. Is there anything in the news that I have missed or is the ATF too busy infringing on "ghost guns" right now to bother with them?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    This Trigger function like the short reset triggers on competition pistols. If forces a short reset, then you must pull the trigger. If you pull the trigger and hold like a normal rifle pull, It will fire and leave the bolt hold open. You must move your finger to actuate the trigger. This trigger functions like a paintball swing trigger! Or a Slap trigger!

Been shooting target pistols for a long time and never felt or heard of one with a forced reset trigger. Could you elaborate?

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    I may or may not have just installed one of these into a build I just completed. It without doubt is only one bang per trigger pull so for MD. Will they ban them at some point 100%. Envision the shortest reset you've ever felt and having it do it on its own for you. If you have very soft pressure on the trigger it will continue to cycle round after round.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Interesting. Really wanted a binary for the SP5k, but this seems like a nice, legal trigger for an AR.

Please note, based on the language of the Maryland law, it probably would not be found to be legal. Anything that increases the fire rate is illegal (as stupid as this is). It certainly violates the spirit of the law as well.

Stupid law, but I don’t think this is BGOS speaking here, I wouldn’t want to have a DA or police taking a real close look at it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Please note, based on the language of the Maryland law, it probably would not be found to be legal. Anything that increases the fire rate is illegal (as stupid as this is). It certainly violates the spirit of the law as well.

Stupid law, but I don’t think this is BGOS speaking here, I wouldn’t want to have a DA or police taking a real close look at it.

This.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

In that case...

Attachments

• finger2.jpg
      finger2.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 323

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I may or may not have just installed one of these into a build I just completed. It without doubt is only one bang per trigger pull so �� for MD. Will they ban them at some point 100%. Envision the shortest reset you've ever felt and having it do it on its own for you. If you have very soft pressure on the trigger it will continue to cycle round after round.

any feedback if you by chance happen to have tested such a thing?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So the official stance is no-go in MD?

Go ask the MD AG for an opinion if you want an official stance. I'd put dollars to donuts on what they'll tell you.

But no, there is no official stance, but I am reasonably confident the police and AG would consider one to violate the law.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Go ask the MD AG for an opinion if you want an official stance. I'd put dollars to donuts on what they'll tell you.

But no, there is no official stance, but I am reasonably confident the police and AG would consider one to violate the law.

I'd rather not talk to Brian if I can avoid it.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    I may or may not have just installed one of these into a build I just completed. It without doubt is only one bang per trigger pull so �� for MD. Will they ban them at some point 100%. Envision the shortest reset you've ever felt and having it do it on its own for you. If you have very soft pressure on the trigger it will continue to cycle round after round.

yes my buddy who has one says the same thing-very fast rate of fire! I cant wait to try it soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom