• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Timonium Gun show next weekend, January 9th and 10th 2021.

Hours
    Saturday 9am-5pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

It is in the usual building

Admission $8.00, children under 11 free with paying adult

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Man the last one really sucked. It was maybe you and two other tables selling actual firearms related stuff.

I'll wait to be assaulted by the SUPPORT YOUR MARYLAND SHOW folks

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Man the last one really sucked. It was maybe you and two other tables selling actual firearms related stuff.

I'm right there with you. Haven't gone to a Timonium show for several years since there's many more reasons to go to York, Gettysburg and Harrisburg

Not Sure

Jan 1, 2021
    Timonium Gun show next weekend, January 9th and 10th 2021.

Hours
    Saturday 9am-5pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

This time it is being held in the 4H building I believe.

Admission $8.00, children under 11 free with paying adult

I helped a friend from Pennsylvania get set up for a table. He only sells complete P80 g17 and g19 Kits. He plans to bring 300 kits.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Curious what he gets for the kits at shows?
    Curious because I have seen "Clone Kits" selling for more than the "Real deal"

I helped a friend from Pennsylvania get set up for a table. He only sells complete P80 g17 and g19 Kits. He plans to bring 300 kits.

Not Sure

Jan 1, 2021
    Curious what he gets for the kits at shows?
    Curious because I have seen "Clone Kits" selling for more than the "Real deal"

Normally about $600. I think the big seller is the colors. Not everyone likes the standard black. He even had pink. I busted his chopps some saying he should "BeDazzle" them. The ladies will like that. He just laughed saying "You have no clue."

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

You won’t be assaulted. Peace and no ill will towards you.

But... I would like to know why you find it necessary to discourage attendance to an event which includes IPs and members of this forum. IPs and members who happen to be trying their damndest to help new community members and gain support for legal action in this gulag of a state MGA and up to and including the SCOTUS.

I fully understand you were disappointed by the last show you attended. And you are well within your rights to never attend another at this location if that’s your pleasure.

But how about a little consideration for those who are working this show and need more folks to attend? Their efforts could use it. And they certainly deserve it.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland

I am always saddened when someone make disparaging comments about a show. As RD has most eloquently pointed out there are a lot people working the shows to not only make money, but to help the firearms community. For gun shows there is either a growth spiral or a death spiral. If people don’t attend a show and spend money, the vendors will not make enough to make it worth their time. The next show they will pass. The result is less vendors at the next show. However, if the vendors make enough money they will return and may even have a larger display, don’t forget table fees. Other vendors will decide to do the show and it will grow.

Never forget there are a lot of limitations on firearm dealers in the People Republic of Maryland. If anything, people should be supporting them as much as possible to insure their continuing existence.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

But... I would like to know why you find it necessary to discourage attendance to an event which includes IPs and members of this forum. IPs and members who happen to be trying their damndest to help new community members and gain support for legal action in this gulag of a state MGA and up to and including the SCOTUS.

I fully understand you were disappointed by the last show you attended. And you are well within your rights to never attend another at this location if that’s your pleasure.

But how about a little consideration for those who are working this show and need more folks to attend? Their efforts could use it. And they certainly deserve it.

Well said RD

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Agreed. Well said.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

So first thing is I didn't tell anyone to do anything. I posted my opinion full well knowing the backlash would come. If I find that I can get people to bend to my will with a single forum post then holy cow I'm gonna start using that.

I'm full well happy to pay my $8 to attend a gun show in Maryland to support our LGS. The last show was not a gun show, it was Brian/SCSG and one other table selling guns then a whole bunch of other crap. What damage is done by the promoter billing this as a gun show then people showing up to find 2 tables of guns and a flea market? If that was my first experience I doubt I'd ever come back.

Now is this because the promoter is challenged in recruiting gun shops to get tables because of the state laws or because they DGAF and will sell a table to anyone who wants one in the name of billing the show as being a certain size? I'd suspect both.

For the record I know Brian and he's a good dude. Will patronize any time.

This seems to be less of an issue in PA but still a problem. I'm sure 99% of that reason is because Marylands laws blow. We all know that.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Hey Bertfish, can you turn off some of your signature lines. Your posts take up the entire screen....

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Now is this because the promoter is challenged in recruiting gun shops to get tables because of the state laws or because they DGAF and will sell a table to anyone who wants one in the name of billing the show as being a certain size? I'd suspect both.

In The Peoples Republic of Maryland all gun show promoters have difficulty in getting gun shops to setup. Then add in the difficulty in obtaining things to sell at this time only adds to the challenge.

As far as them not caring about who sets up. Gun Show Economics 101. It cost money to rent a venue. Table fees hopefully cover the cost of the venue, if not the shortfall comes from the entry fee. Then there are the advertising costs, staffing costs, security, transportation, insurance, and a bunch of other costs. The promoters prioritize firearm dealers and related items for these shows. However, if there are unsold tables, they certainly aren’t going to leave them empty if there is someone looking to pay to setup. If that means something that may not be firearm related so be it.

If having some non-firearm related stuff helps to pay the bills and allows for a show that benefits all of us, I don’t have a problem with it.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Hey Bertfish, can you turn off some of your signature lines. Your posts take up the entire screen....

You can disable displaying user signatures in your Edit Options in User CP. I've had them disabled for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom