• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Got my FFL03 back in 2015. The first thing I did was buy a Polish P64 from out of state. Sent a copy of my FFL and the pistol was sent directly to me in a plain brown wrapper. Maryland has no knowledge of my purchase. Did it just because I could.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I know it can also be done but I have a gun sitting in limbo at the seller and he is very scared as he says to ship to MD without some proof,,
    I told him MD isnt california

Give him the number of the MSP licensing office. I did this with a dealer several years ago who not only called them but posted on his website about the nice conversation he had.

mh53pvlow

MPDC3291
    Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery Village
    I called MSP about this and they said the law is clear and for that reason they would not put anything in writing. This was 4 years ago. Plenty of vendors will ship to MD. I no longer do business with vendors who won't.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I called MSP about this and they said the law is clear and for that reason they would not put anything in writing. This was 4 years ago. Plenty of vendors will ship to MD. I no longer do business with vendors who won't.

Clear Maryland firearms law is the ultimate oxymoron.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Some dealers are just plain clueless about the C & R license.

Some like to play games and say the license is not a real FFL.

Some are just assholes that know full and well what a C & R license allows, but purposely play "stupid" when a sale is pending.

Some just want to rape you on the price.

And one gunshow dealer was left crying after seeing the wad of cash I was now going to spend at another table after calling my license "worth less than the paper it was printed on."

Purchase from someone that cares about the sale and the customer.

bargains9311

Sep 29, 2020
    C&R Handgun requirements in Md

No difference in requirements to purchase handgun in Maryland if you have C&R license- you still need to complete 77R, have HQL, and wait period. Check Md Firearms Bill 2013.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No difference in requirements to purchase handgun in Maryland if you have C&R license- you still need to complete 77R, have HQL, and wait period. Check Md Firearms Bill 2013.

But that isn't a purchase WITHIN Maryland.

Federal law is pretty clear and the AG has written an opinion being pretty explicit also. An FFL-03 can purchase a regulated firearm (so long as it is legal in Maryland) from outside the state of Maryland and have it shipped in.

If the FFL-03 were to purchase the firearm within Maryland borders, then MD law would trump Federal law and it must go through a 77r and a wait period (C&R regulated firearms do not require an HQL to purchase. PERIOD).

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

Not correct. If you are a 03 FFL holder and you are purchasing the handgun IN MD then you still need to do the 77R and wait the 7 days but no HQL required. If purchasing from OUT of state then the seller merely ships the firearm directly to the 03 FFL holder. No 77r, no wait, no HQL.

If you are buying IN state and you are or are not an 03 FFL holder then 77r and wait. NO HQL.

Bottom line...no HQL required for C&R purchases in or out of state.

Damn...Lazarus beat me to the punch.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not correct. If you are a 03 FFL holder and you are purchasing the handgun IN MD then you still need to do the 77R and wait the 7 days but no HQL required. If purchasing from OUT of state then the seller merely ships the firearm directly to the 03 FFL holder. No 77r, no wait, no HQL.

If you are buying IN state and you are or are not an 03 FFL holder then 77r and wait. NO HQL.

Bottom line...no HQL required for C&R purchases in or out of state.

Damn...Lazarus beat me to the punch.

:D

Woodbutcher

Jan 27, 2020
    Hi folks. Got my C&R last week. Kudos to ATF. It took barely a month even though it had to be processed through the center in that cesspool Portland. Hats off to them. They have way more restraint than me.
    Did our Komrads in the state legislature change anything this last session in regard to getting a C&R pistol shipped directly to me? (looking at a 1967 Python).
    As I understand it the C&R makes it perfectly legal and I do not have to do a 77R or register the handgun. Is that correct?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hi folks. Got my C&R last week. Kudos to ATF. It took barely a month even though it had to be processed through the center in that cesspool Portland.

No, it got mailed to Portland, but it was actually processed on Needy Road in Martinsburg, WV. The reason it goes to Portland is that the bank the BATFE uses to extort money from you process your licensing fees is based in Portland. It goes there, they run the check/cc info, etc. and once it clears, your paperwork heads across the country back to Martinsburg, WV where the BGC and other formal processing work is done. If you call the Portland branch of the BATFE and ask about your license, they tell you to call the licensing center in WV.

Same reason it used to go to GA when they used BoA as that's where the clearinghouse was located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom