• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Thanks. Better than nothing but sure seems light to this guy.

I can't get the map to work. I scroll in to an area and click on the "View Crimes" box in the lower left-hand corner and nothing shows up for middle MoCo. Are you kidding me? The damn thing should light up just tracking the crimes in the past hour.

Something isn't right.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I can't get the map to work. I scroll in to an area and click on the "View Crimes" box in the lower left-hand corner and nothing shows up for middle MoCo. Are you kidding me? The damn thing should light up just tracking the crimes in the past hour.

Something isn't right.

Yeah that site has some issues, I was seeing 0 shootings for MoCo in the summary which is definitely wrong, but if I look at my neighborhood I can see a shooting that happened a couple miles away that I was aware of. Alarmingly there’s an “other” from a few weeks ago right in my cul de sac and I can get no details.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Calvin Ball has been a great motivator to the people of Ho Co. As a matter of fact, I am motivated to move to Carroll County and will be doing so this year. I’m done with the BS, the crime, wokeness, and “diversity “. I know it’s mostly unavoidable in Blue MD but I’m at least hoping to enjoy a little bit less of it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    when you see this sign out during the next election, it may be from me:

Frustrated with redistricting?
    Not liking the sanctuary county?
    Frustrated with rising crime?
    Waited in long lines for the vaccine?
    Your business hurt by the shutdowns during covid?
    Schools not open during the shutdowns?

Vote out Calvin "not on the" Ball....

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

Something isn't right.

You have to put an area into the search box and hit the search magnifying glass. The map will have icons which you can click and another dialog box will open. Click details for that specific incident. Or, do the search thing and then click "View Crimes". Worked for me.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    That crossroads area has always had its share of crime issues back to at least the 90s. It has a rough neighborhood (think trailer park boys) behind the big box strip mall and it has been a constant target by stick up boys and thieves due to its proximity to major interstates facilitating a quick getaway.

Ah yes. Good ol’ Deep Run. In my college days I worked part time at the Food Lion that used to be there. The clientele was certainly......interesting.

The store actually got robbed one time while I was working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Just back in 2020, I could have sworn I saw one of the local news channels said Columbia, MD was one of the best places to live in the entire country.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Columbia continues its rapid descent. My house is walking distance to Monarch Mills, a section 8 housing complex that has seen 3 shootings and a stabbing in the last 12 months. It is directly next to Guilford Elementary school. One silver lining of the coronavirus is that we chose to send our son to private school in person. We love his new school and are grateful he will not have to go back to Guilford Elementary where bullets can fly at any moment.

I taught there for a bunch of years with Carol back from about 07 to 12. I remember when Guilford gardens got knocked down and monarch mills went up. One cool thing that happened was local police used the empty apartments for training. For a few days, I was out on the field with students as they stacked up and practiced breaching with and without explosives. It was fun being able to talk guns/entry tactics with elementary students without getting in trouble.

One morning I got there and a bunch of police were in the parking lot because someone dumped a "sawed off shotgun" in the dumpster. A kid walking by saw it and, thankfully, told an adult in the school(I go over some eddie eagle stuff in my orientation unit dealing with finding dangerous stuff on school grounds at recess). Unfortunately, he didn't tell me, so the police came to take it and do an investigation instead of me getting a free shotgun(juuuuust kidding).

Due to the nature of my job there, I had a good relationship with that community, but there was and is an absurd amount of criminal activity there. Thanks section 8.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I run up the street from my current Elementary school to that royal farms all the time for lunch breaks(when school is actually in session in person). That whole general area of howard county devolved into another progressive sh!thole. It's so different from when we used to swing up to Dobbin for some friendlies. Now the Dobbin walmart feels like a third world country and every intersection or stop sign has at least one beggar. Most traffic lights have multiple beggars(right next to huge collections of stores and food places that could hire them).

It's sad seeing hoco continue to fall from what it once was to the pompous degradation leftism brings. It's sad hoco residents just get more blue at the polls. They're literally voting the poison into the system that kills them.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I taught there for a bunch of years with Carol back from about 07 to 12. I remember when Guilford gardens got knocked down and monarch mills went up. One cool thing that happened was local police used the empty apartments for training. For a few days, I was out on the field with students as they stacked up and practiced breaching with and without explosives. It was fun being able to talk guns/entry tactics with elementary students without getting in trouble.

One morning I got there and a bunch of police were in the parking lot because someone dumped a "sawed off shotgun" in the dumpster. A kid walking by saw it and, thankfully, told an adult in the school(I go over some eddie eagle stuff in my orientation unit dealing with finding dangerous stuff on school grounds at recess). Unfortunately, he didn't tell me, so the police came to take it and do an investigation instead of me getting a free shotgun(juuuuust kidding).

Due to the nature of my job there, I had a good relationship with that community, but there was and is an absurd amount of criminal activity there. Thanks section 8.

My daughter went there at that same time you were there.
    Yeah Guilford Gardens was a sh*thole, Monarch Mills is just a nicer looking sh*thole. All kinds of bad stuff happens in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Calvin Ball has been a great motivator to the people of Ho Co. As a matter of fact, I am motivated to move to Carroll County and will be doing so this year. I’m done with the BS, the crime, wokeness, and “diversity “. I know it’s mostly unavoidable in Blue MD but I’m at least hoping to enjoy a little bit less of it.

He’s horrible to work for as well. Real moral sucker. Ask me how I know. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Another armed car jacking in HoCo yesterday.

baltimore-man-and-woman-charged-in-columbia-armed-carjacking

Howard County police reported today that Alexus Shantel Scott, 25, and Khaliq Nafi Wright, 18, both of Baltimore, are charged with armed carjacking, armed robbery, assault, stealing a motor vehicle and weapon violations.

It began at about 8:06 p.m. March 1 on Town Center Avenue, when a woman said she was in her vehicle and was approached by the two suspects.

They allegedly displayed a handgun and stole her vehicle.

No one was injured, said police.

Police tried to stop the vehicle on Route 175, and the suspects crashed it in a nearby neighborhood.

Attachments

• A0ED1E79-30FC-493F-9459-EE337FB840FE.jpeg
      A0ED1E79-30FC-493F-9459-EE337FB840FE.jpeg
      34.6 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads