• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Ammo can be found even cheap ass steel. Problem is the price. Cheap steel is now .50CPR.

I have a GSSF match coming up in DE. The kids want to shoot it as well. With the replacement cost of ammo I don't know how many divisions the kids will shoot. Practice will cost a car payment now!

Wouldn't call this cheap for "in stock" commie ammo. Whenever something is out of stock prices magically drop for some merchants.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3083674121

You can find this for $6-$7 when they show up at BassPro etc.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/tula-223-55gr-fmj-steel-case-ta223550.html
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tul...5-grain-zinc-fmj-3241fps/FC-814950011159.html
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/wol...ain-fmj-20-rounds-3241-fps/FC-AMM-17-398.html
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/wol...-jacketed-hp-steel-case-3/FC-AMM-597-003.html

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    FWIW, I just ordered 1,000 rds x39 from Global Ordnance - THEY HAVE JUST ABOUT ALL TULA steel cased CALIBERS IN STOCK AS OF 0400hrs 10FEB2021

As a rule, I only fire steel cased ammo through my few ComBloc’s; and, 0.50 cents / round for steel cased, BERDAN PRIMED 122gr fmj x39 is No screaming deal by any stretch of the imag but, the “Silly How Much Do You Have?” thread jogged my memory x39 is perhaps the one cal. I can use more of (and it helped that I got a timely email yesterday GO has some $8 x39 SoKOR mags I’ve been hearing good things about).

So, there you have it: https://globalordnance.com/1000rd-c...-79949016&mc_cid=3d9df35742&mc_eid=597a031360
    https://globalordnance.com/australian-outback-144-grain-fmj-box-of-20-rounds-upc-9332153002121/
    They have blackout as well. Didn't expect to see brass cased blackout for $1.10 any time soon.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I'm experiencing a similar delay from another vendor. At the top of their site was a banner that I missed stating: "Due to high volume, shipping may be delayed for up to 5 business days."

You might want to see if your vendor has the same caveat.

No such caveat I can see at Global Ordnance but these days, I am pretty much assuming delays even if businesses don’t mention it. I would’ve been impressed as hell had they shipped within 2 FULL BUSINESS DAYS (and likely would’ve already placed additional orders) but, I am not butt-hurt they didn’t make a pre-panic deadline.

Now, on the other hand, if they haven’t changed the status of my order by close of business Monday then, well, it will likely be, “Sayonara, mvthafvckers!”

...They have blackout as well...

Well, my FINGERS ARE CROSSED about whether or not I’m going to get what their website indicated they have in stock, at least anytime soon, at this point ... just checked the Status of my Order Again (placed 51-hours ago @ 0600 Thurs., 2/11) and not only has it not shipped it HASN’T EVEN BEEN PULLED YET! (STILL “Awaiting Fulfillment”) ... :tdown:

Monday will be the tell for me - I understand everyone in certain sectors are under the gun 24/7 right now but, if my order hasn’t shipped by say, close of business Monday I’ll contact our concierge at AmEx and have ‘em drop the “Instantaneous Hammer” - a solid 48-hours (ALL DAY Thursday & Friday) was plenty of time to pull 1 case and box 5 bananas for shipment pre-COVID and, allowing for any “COVID crisis” situation within Global Ordnance’s business model;

if my order hasn’t shipped within 120 hours - that’s 5 FULL DAYS - after Payment In Full then, I’ll know someone at Global Ordnance is viewing weekends, not to mention customers’ assets, as “business as usual” - even though business is anything but usual, for anyone of us ...

Hope to give them lots of future business but, will know soon enough. In the mean time, and just in case (“Be Prepared” and all!) , think I’ll go peruse the even better prices mentioned up thread, at the AIM Sports website...

FWIW, I just ordered 1,000 rds x39 from Global Ordnance - 0600 Thurs FEB 11 ...

Just checked the Status of my order; it’s been 31 hours and the order is still awaiting “Fulfillment” (aka - pull it off the shelf and pack it up) let alone not having shipped yet ... hmmm, not off to a stellar start as far as future business of mine ... :rolleye12

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    No such caveat I can see at Global Ordnance but these days, I am pretty much assuming delays even if businesses don’t mention it. I would’ve been impressed as hell had they shipped within 2 FULL BUSINESS DAYS (and likely would’ve already placed additional orders) but, I am not butt-hurt they didn’t make a pre-panic deadline.

Now, on the other hand, if they haven’t changed the status of my order by close of business Monday then, well, it will likely be, “Sayonara, mvthafvckers!”

Well, my FINGERS ARE CROSSED about whether or not I’m going to get what their website indicated they have in stock, at least anytime soon, at this point ... just checked the Status of my Order Again (placed 51-hours ago @ 0600 Thurs., 2/11) and not only has it not shipped it HASN’T EVEN BEEN PULLED YET! (STILL “Awaiting Fulfillment”) ... :tdown:

Monday will be the tell for me - I understand everyone in certain sectors are under the gun 24/7 right now but, if my order hasn’t shipped by say, close of business Monday I’ll contact our concierge at AmEx and have ‘em drop the “Instantaneous Hammer” - a solid 48-hours (ALL DAY Thursday & Friday) was plenty of time to pull 1 case and box 5 bananas for shipment pre-COVID and, allowing for any “COVID crisis” situation within Global Ordnance’s business model;

if my order hasn’t shipped within 120 hours - that’s 5 FULL DAYS - after Payment In Full then, I’ll know someone at Global Ordnance is viewing weekends, not to mention customers’ assets, as “business as usual” - even though business is anything but usual, for anyone of us ...

Hope to give them lots of future business but, will know soon enough. In the mean time, and just in case (“Be Prepared” and all!) , think I’ll go peruse the even better prices mentioned up thread, at the AIM Sports website...

Global is good to go. 4 orders with them since December and no issues. I purchased some of the .300 aac back on 2/4. Order shipped on 2/8 and arrived yesterday.

For anyone out of state, the $9.99 SHK Glock happy sticks are a great deal. I hear they function as well as OEM mags.

https://globalordnance.com/amazing-super-sale-33rd-mags-for-glock-9mm-best-price-ever/

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Global is good to go. 4 orders with them since December and no issues. I purchased some of the .300 aac back on 2/4. Order shipped on 2/8 and arrived yesterday.

For anyone out of state, the $9.99 SHK Glock happy sticks are a great deal. I hear they function as well as OEM mags.

https://globalordnance.com/amazing-super-sale-33rd-mags-for-glock-9mm-best-price-ever/

Tried them in the past and didn't like they used fedex home with 21 yr. old signature/ID required. Never had anyone else do that.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Tried them in the past and didn't like they used fedex home with 21 yr. old signature/ID required. Never had anyone else do that.

Last thing shipped to my house via FedEx that requires an adult signature was a cz50. My 16yo was the only one home when they knocked on the door. Driver handed it to him without even asking for a signature...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, it seems these days if you look reasonably old and are present, they just hand it to you.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I remember when CMP did have loose, cheap HXP, everyone was b*tching about it being cans of "floor sweepings". Typical FMJ low accuracy. I've pulled rounds from the same box (from the spam cans of cardboard boxes of HXP), weighed the charges, and seen significant variances.

HXP brass is fantastic for reloading, though.

Sounds like you need to do some what 7.62x54R shooters were doing.

Take one lot, pull the bullets, weigh the charges. Come up with the average weight, and put them back together without the charge variation.

Significantly increased the accuracy.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012

Thank you, Lucca1 - MUCH appreciated! :thumbsup:

Before checking back here I called and left a polite message just inquiring and within an hour I got an email saying my order status had been changed to “Shipped”!

REALLY appreciate the heads up on the SHK Glock sticks - I’ve seen “Korean mfr” stick mags ridiculously low on CDNN Investments but, without any reviews from anyone I trust, I couldn’t bring myself to take the gamble.

(I have a love-hate thing w CDNN but if I had to sum them up in an elevator it’d be: “If it looks too good to be true it more’n likely is!”

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Followup on mention upthread ^^^ Got to the range yesterday and confirmed the $10 SHK 33-rd 9mm “Glock-compatible” mags at GO are GTG! We ran em in a 17, 19, 26 and 34. Also an evil KelTec SUB2000 ...

No one present was able to get more than 25 rds in any of the damn thugs but I am confident once I disassemble them and dri-lube the interiors that’ll improve. Heck, at $10 I’m perfectly okay with them whether 33, 30 or 25 rd!

MORE IMPORTANTLY! The SHK 30-rd Mags GO had for $9 @ RAN LIKE MELTED BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran em in a bunch of guns but particularly my Norinco AK74 underfolder and that Century Arms AK braced pistol I’m stuck with (sigh)

A bunch of us whipped our phones out and pulled GO’s website up, right there on the firing line and, “No Longer In Stock!” (Mvtherflocker!!!!!)

I’m not kicking myself for only buying 5 to T&E but I am REALLY kicking myself for waiting 2 weeks to get em to the range (oh yeah, after the 3 weeks it took the USPostal Svc to get ‘em to me! :mad54:

D*mn ... at $9 a pop 20 or 30’d be in order. They ran that nice ....

I have a suspicion Biden or Harris will Norinco Russian ammo.

You’re probably right and, even though $450 /1,000 isn’t a steal, I probably oughta order 2 more cases of the 122 grain x39 while Global Ordnance has it ...

ETA: going through ammoseek, it’s down to $440 /1,000 rds. The first case I bought a month ago was $500 :kicknuts:; however; limit 1 case per customer, per transaction. Hmmm. Oh well, $483 after tax and shipping. I’ll hate myself in the morning but, ^^^it’s all YOUR fault!^^^ :lol::lol2:

I will say this: that sh*t is HOT! We started out shooting some old Norinco x39 I had, we were using cinder locks as targets; and, when we got to the mags with the 122gr stuff from GO the difference was in your face noticeable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom