• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Still waiting on the exact COMAR wording. I guess I'll have to ask my friend at the AG's office how to look it up.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They run them for the redemption of pawned handguns.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Can you explain the process? MSP does the NICS check or the FFL/pawn shop does a NICS check? Is MSPLD available on Sundays if I want to pick up a redeemed handgun?

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Didin't realize that. Is it as part of the 7 day wait or is it instantly? Can the individual barracks do it or just someone in licensing?

It's another system of sorts. Customer fills out 4473 like normal. We enter the info into a different state online form. It takes from a few hours - a couple days to process. It's not an instant check like processing a long gun through NICS.

Can you explain the process? MSP does the NICS check or the FFL/pawn shop does a NICS check? Is MSPLD available on Sundays if I want to pick up a redeemed handgun?

It can be submitted on a Sunday. Unlikely pickup will happen the same day.

i bet FFL are loving this new law... more money for them..
    used guns values will go down..

I like more money. I think the law is bullsh*t. I don't have time to process all these extra 4473s. Also have to be responsible for the forms until the end of time and make sure every T is crossed.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Nobody, except those unlucky few who will get caught in the inevitable law enforcement sting operations.

Don’t think they will waste time and resources to catch a few people that don’t know about the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Why didn't they wait until March 15th, then it would be easy to remember...

"Beware the Ides of March"

CUCraigT

Jan 9, 2021
    Who is the onus on in this new requirement? Seller or buyer? Since this is not Federal law, can't the transfer just happen in another state? Just curious on this vs. the more universal handgun law/transfers.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Who is the onus on in this new requirement? Seller or buyer? Since this is not Federal law, can't the transfer just happen in another state? Just curious on this vs. the more universal handgun law/transfers.

There are penalties for both buyer and seller. And based on the severity of the penalties, it would actually better for the buyer to claim he stole the gun rather than having illegally bought it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Don’t think they will waste time and resources to catch a few people that don’t know about the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Charges will occur as part of other crimes where it can be determined that the person in possession acquired it after the law change.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    BBestPawn-- I like more money. I think the law is bullsh*t. I don't have time to process all these extra 4473s. Also have to be responsible for the forms until the end of time and make sure every T is crossed.

BBestpawn... what do you plan on charging for this service??

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

NO, because that would violate federal law. Federal law permits you to purchase a firearm in any other state so long as you go through an FFL and have the background check done. If you do a personal sale out of state, it has to go through an FFL in either the state of the seller or the state of the purchaser and a background check done. Failure to do so, with an out of state transfer would be a violation of federal law.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    NO, because that would violate federal law. Federal law permits you to purchase a firearm in any other state so long as you go through an FFL and have the background check done. If you do a personal sale out of state, it has to go through an FFL in either the state of the seller or the state of the purchaser and a background check done. Failure to do so, with an out of state transfer would be a violation of federal law.

Tell him about the gun show loophole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom