• ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

May be lawyer inspired, too.

I emailed them over the weekend and this was their canned response. No reason why their legal team said no. I told them others ship...

Good morning. We apologize for this inconvenience. We have been advised by our legal team not to ship 80% lowers to Maryland at this time.

Respectfully,
    USPA

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I emailed them over the weekend and this was their canned response. No reason why their legal team said no. I told them others ship...

Good morning. We apologize for this inconvenience. We have been advised by our legal team not to ship 80% lowers to Maryland at this time.

Respectfully,
    USPA

I’m going to email them and tell them their lawyers are morons.

Edit, see what response I get...

Good morning,

I was looking at some of your P80 offerings and noticed you indicate no sales to Maryland (among a list of ban states).

I am curious to know the reason for this. While the General Assembly did attempt to ban so-called “ghost guns” during the 90 day legislative session - which ended with “Sine Die” on 12 April - the bills failed to pass the legislature and died before the end of the session.

I am curious to know where you are getting the legal advice regarding sales to Maryland. I am not only a lawyer licensed to practice in Maryland (boy do I wish I had set up my practice in a different state), but I also have a focus on 2A practice. Indeed, I have one of the authoritative federal cases on interstate transport under FOPA. I say all this to preface my statement to you that there is no prohibition on 80% frames in Maryland.*

If my presumption that this decision came from [faulty] legal advice is correct, I would be happy to discuss it with your legal team. I know it is a small part of your business, but as USPA is one of the better sources of 80% products - and folks in this state are already treated akin to criminals for exercising the fundamental right of gun ownership - I believe it is worth addressing.

Thank you for your time, and I welcome any questions you may have.

Kevin M. Joyce, Esq.

*It is true that one (1) Maryland county is presently trying to ban them in their jurisdiction (Montgomery County, which abuts DC). However, as Maryland has preempted local laws regarding guns, this effort is automatically invalid. The same county has several other “bans” on their books which the courts have consistently instructed should be ignored.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    damn

And USPA just responded that they are resuming sales to Marylandistan. I’m shocked I didn’t get a canned response.

Need to meet up with you and buy you a drink... or two :) awesome.

Edit. I had to read your message to them a few more times. I was seriouly chub. Awesome. Thank you!!!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Funny how they claimed they were told last week they could resume but my email stated they would not. Sheesh. Thanks again KIB. Now known as Notorious KIB due to your slap down email. Lol. :)

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    Well, the OP could do his own research like many of us did or just find an enabler here to do everything but buy the frame for him....

That's true of probably 99% of the posts on this forum, but people come here to have discussion and get direct opinions of like-minded people going through the same MD Regulations that others are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom