• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Welcome to MDS this is a brotherhood & sisterhood of shooting and freedoms , We/I am glad you took hold of what belongs to you it is really up to all of us to demand a seat at the freedom table .

United we stand divided we fall .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Welcome, now for the bad news. You'll quickly find that the only purpose of a pistol is to allow you to fight back to your rifle. Get your rifle while you can, Joe is coming for them.

Whereabouts in the county?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Hello. I am 44 year old black male from Baltimore County. I recently received my HQL and bought my first handgun. I purchased a handgun for home defense and did not have a clue a the world I was entering. I have been introduced to the topic of 2A and was blown away. The fight to maintain our constitutional rights, for me, supersede race, color, creed, gender, etc. and any other divisive tool that the powers that be use to keep us separated. I am proud to be a part of this community, I wish I would have discovered it earlier, and I want to say thank you in advance for all of the things that I’ve learned from this forum in a short amount of time and all of the things I will learn in the future. Thank you.

Welcome from southern md!!!

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    You guys are psychics lol. The day I brought the firearm home, my fiancé claimed it for herself. No argument here though, I get to go shopping again! Being as thirsty as I am, I applied for my designated collectors license (still waiting to here from MSP). Now I’m on the hunt for the DDM4 PDW, with no luck of course. I contacted Tyler Firearms (wishlist/transfer) who were awesome with my 1st purchase, but haven’t heard back from them as of yet. I’m absolutely hooked!!! The fiancé and I are also signing up for training classes.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Welcome and congratulations on exercising your constitutional right to own a gun.
    What did buy as your first gun?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    You guys are psychics lol. The day I brought the firearm home, my fiancé claimed it for herself. No argument here though, I get to go shopping again! Being as thirsty as I am, I applied for my designated collectors license (still waiting to here from MSP). Now I’m on the hunt for the DDM4 PDW, with no luck of course. I contacted Tyler Firearms (wishlist/transfer) who were awesome with my 1st purchase, but haven’t heard back from them as of yet. I’m absolutely hooked!!! The fiancé and I are also signing up for training classes.

If you don't mind the question, what was the first that your fiancé claimed, BTW? I'm always curious as to what people selected for their first handgun. Mine was a S&W Governor. I've added a "few" since then, but it always amazes me to think back to see how my thinking has changed over time.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Tyler should remain your go to shop. Eric and Chuck are good people.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Welcome! Following up on IronDuck- you purchased one for home protection, then you will discover that you need another for target shooting, then your wife needs one, so she can go to the range with you. As he also said, don't forsake good training, HQL was the basics. Have you tried shooting Trap over at Loch raven? You'll need a shotgun, maybe an over and under? It is a wonderful journey, with some of the best quality people that you will ever run into. Enjoy the journey!
    Welcome aboard from A.A. Co.

If you get the itch to try shotgunning....I shoot Trap and/or Skeet at Loch Raven Skeet and Trap (off Dulaney Valley Road a few miles outside of the Beltway) and extend the invitation to try out either with a NRA and NSCA (National Sporting Clays Association) Shotgun Instructor. Drop me a PM if interested.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Glad you had a good first experience with the world of firearms. This is a great place full of helpful folks. You will find more information than you can imagine. It is great that your fiance reacted well. If the whole house is interested in the pursuit of skill at arms it sure makes for some interesting dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom