Baltimore Will No Longer Prosecute ‘Low Level Crimes’ Like Prostitution, Trespassing,

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Yep. And sure you’ll be prosecuted to the fullest extent

Isn't Nonfeasence, i.e. the legal term for failing to act, when you have a duty to act, cause for removal from office??

Oh yeah, and don't expect "The Mosley Rule" to apply if caught exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights in the City!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

PmThompson

Senior Junior Member
    Feb 6, 2021
    MD
    Baltimore Will No Longer Prosecute ‘Low Level Crimes’ Like Prostitution, Trespassing, Urinating in Public and Selling Drugs

https://www.stattorney.org/media-center/press-releases/2243-state-s-attorney-mayor-s-office-and-community-partners-announce-success-of-covid-criminal-justice-policies

The article says they actually stopped prosecuting for these offenses a year ago. So you might expect the crime rates to skyrocket.

Furthermore, during the past year...Baltimore experienced a reduction in crime in many areas, including:
    • Property crime down 36%
    • Violent crime down 20%

No mention of defecation delinquencies or fart felonies. Who's to say what happens when COVID becomes less of a limiting factor.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    The article says they actually stopped prosecuting for these offenses a year ago. So you might expect the crime rates to skyrocket.

No mention of defecation delinquencies or fart felonies. Who's to say what happens when COVID becomes less of a limiting factor.

In regards to property theft being down, I know many of the big chain stores across the line in the county are just not bothering to report things like shoplifting. If you sit in a bar or barbershop for an hour you are likely going to be approached by random people trying to sell you knick knacks from stores like Ulta or Target.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So, if I go downtown and take a shit on the steps to Mosby's office building, I won't be prosecuted?

Her car?

Her house?

Her lap?

Gonna need legal advice here...

Just whip it out and take a whiz during one of her televised press conferences. That should drive the point home.
    I hope the people of Baltimore file a class action suit against her if there is such a thing.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    In regards to property theft being down, I know many of the big chain stores across the line in the county are just not bothering to report things like shoplifting. If you sit in a bar or barbershop for an hour you are likely going to be approached by random people trying to sell you knick knacks from stores like Ulta or Target.
    And reported crime is down if cops stop responding to calls. My last patrol team I worked with had an officer that came over from BPD. There were many times a week when they simply didn't handle regular calls for service. I forget the terminology, but they had a modified response system when they had multiple shootings within a set period of time.

During that time, all non emergency calls were simply held and officers not dispatched. I'm sure by the time an officer freed up hours later, the complainant was gone or the store was closed or a supervisor simply cancelled the call.

No officer taking a report, no "reported" crime. If anyone really believes that ACTUAL crime is down in Baltimore, they are a special kind of stupid.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If the SA's office says they're not papering cases, cops won't make those arrests. Just like that your crime numbers go down. Shocking how that works...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If the SA's office says they're not papering cases, cops won't make those arrests. Just like that your crime numbers go down. Shocking how that works...

I have several patients who are Baltimore City LEO. They are not happy.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I work in the criminal justice system and it's gotten so bad I'm working on leaving. EVERYTHING that is going on has been politicized to get the results that the state wants, namely, to make it look like crime is on the down swing in this state. Quite the contrary is the case but it's being hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom