• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    Hey guys, was naturalized last August and started looking into guns since then. Honestly quite an awful time to be entering this hobby, guns are stupidly overpriced, ammo costs its own weight in gold, and milsurp are gone. But hey, at least I'm a gun owning American now aren't I? Although I do live in the smack middle of gun hating Bethesda.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to US citizenship, to gun owning, and to this forum! I live in the same area, and sympathize with your plight - Bethesda has more of us than you might think, but we’re well trained to stay on the down low, and you need to know the secret handshake.

The good news is that around here when the neighbors see you moving a long gun case out of your vehicle, they think you play some sort of instrument. So pick one and stick with it. My neighbors think I’m in a bassoon ensemble.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Hey guys, was naturalized last August and started looking into guns since then. Honestly quite an awful time to be entering this hobby, guns are stupidly overpriced, ammo costs its own weight in gold, and milsurp are gone. But hey, at least I'm a gun owning American now aren't I? Although I do live in the smack middle of gun hating Bethesda.

It can take some time but an M1 Garand can be had from www.thecmp.org for between 650 and 1100.

I feel your pain though. Welcome!

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Congratulations on becoming a citizen! Truly a great accomplishment. Welcome to the joys of firearms and the constant worry of what the MD GA will do to curtail that fun.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Welcome to US citizenship, to gun owning, and to this forum! I live in the same area, and sympathize with your plight - Bethesda has more of us than you might think, but we’re well trained to stay on the down low, and you need to know the secret handshake.

The good news is that around here when the neighbors see you moving a long gun case out of your vehicle, they think you play some sort of instrument. So pick one and stick with it. My neighbors think I’m in a bassoon ensemble.

I second this, I’m in a cul de sac in Gaithersburg but luckily I also play some instruments. The day a suspicious neighbor asked me what was in the case I honestly replied “bass.” If I lived in Bethesda I’d go a step further and get a rifle case that looks like a hard shell acoustic guitar case. Maybe put an Everytown sticker on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom