Are there stats on how many minorities have an HQL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I avoided getting it for as long as possible, but found a gun I “needed” to add to my collection that wasn’t C&R. Between the fingerprints and the application fee (I was exempt from the training), it was over $100. Then add the purchase price of a gun and transfer fees. Oh, yeah, don’t forget, the only way to pay is with a credit card. Don’t have a credit card (think bad credit or poor), no need to apply!

Another point, you need photo ID, so all those mail in vote people won’t qualify I guess!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point about credit cards, more racist policies from the racist Democrats

Whether they "publish" it or not, if it's a question on the application it's in their database (like everything) and could be obtained. The govt undoubtedly maintains all sorts of information that it doesn't "publish" or compile
    unless or until someone asks for it, e.g. data used by elected reps who are framing arguments for more control over your life.

Few people inquire or make use of federal, state, and local Freedom of Information Acts to request information that already belongs to us, not them.

I’m going to look into a FOIA request

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

We'd all like to know how it turns out, and we all ought to be asking government to release information of all kinds that it gathers at our expense, for its own use.

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    I used to work with a guy who said his hair was turning.

Some of it was turning gray and the rest was turning loose!
    :rolleyes:

Bite me...I look like Clint in Heartbreak Ridge and I’m going with that look intentionally. Stop hating on the follicly challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Most gun laws on the books are racist and/or classist. It would be great if those oppressed people started to make more noise about it!
    I've been trying to get folks to understand that but it's an uphill battle. A lot of folks tend to form an opinion based on what the MSM tells them.

While on vacation last week I cringed when my SIL's boyfriend said that "ghost guns" are made by simply grinding serial numbers off of firearms. I told him that's not necessarily the case and that I had "several" of these spirit weapons that are totally legal. I'm gonna introduce him to the world of responsible firearms ownership and invite him shooting.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Y'all do realize all these issues and more are already included in MSI's lawsuit challenging the HQL ?

The State has been ducking , dodging , and delaying for years , but it seems that has now been exhausted , and action will be ( comparitively) soon .

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Y'all do realize all these issues and more are already included in MSI's lawsuit challenging the HQL ?

The State has been ducking , dodging , and delaying for years , but it seems that has now been exhausted , and action will be ( comparitively) soon .

I did not know that, but that’s good news

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The MSI Litigation Fund is always in need of support , with multiple active cases , plus more on deck .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And the cost of them producing the HQL has gone down. Originally a laminated card with photograph, then they eliminated the photo, and now it is just a printed piece of paper no lamination.

JMB

Jan 30, 2019
    I don’t have a HQL. One thing Maryland did right is exempt retired military from the requirement to obtain one. The Second Amendment should be sufficient.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Recall that was what we had to do to get the number of W&C permits issued, back in the good old "back row in the HPRB meeting" days until a member did a FOIA submission each month and posted the results.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Our classes for HQL and W&C now are at least 50% with women and minorities. Much different demographics than it was 5 years ago.

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    You have it bad up there.

I avoided getting it for as long as possible, but found a gun I “needed” to add to my collection that wasn’t C&R. Between the fingerprints and the application fee (I was exempt from the training), it was over $100. Then add the purchase price of a gun and transfer fees. Oh, yeah, don’t forget, the only way to pay is with a credit card. Don’t have a credit card (think bad credit or poor), no need to apply!

Another point, you need photo ID, so all those mail in vote people won’t qualify I guess!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow my buddy lives up there in Hanover has 4 Rotties doesn't need a gun at his house. He came here to Tennessee thinking he could get one ha ha they laughed at him, won't have anything to do with Md. I bought one the other day the S&W ez 9mm paid cash Acadamy Sports was in and out in about 45 mins. Hard to believe all the hoops you have to go thru just to get a gun but that's why I left in 74 getting too liberal.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Not sure but i would figure if more minorites had permits and bought guns ( legally sorry gun crime states are out there) that democrats could not be so anti-gun. The thing is until groups stand up for beliefs democrats will do what they wont. For example ( regardless of how you feel about gay marraige) polls after polls show blacks were the most hostile group to gay marriage but teh most loyal democrats ( they say loyal i stay stockholm syndrome) Democrats showed blacks how they took them for granted and most blacks did not see it. Most blacks do not see how they are in trouble with amnesty for illegals. I mean who is the average guy going to have outside his office greeting customers whoppi goldberg or selma hayek?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom