Does anyone have land I can shoot on? I'll pay!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Guntry. Indoor range. I believe it is still Howard County, although out to the northwest. Nice 100 range. Prices are reasonable. People are nice.

If you must shoot outdoors, Izaak Walton League. There are facilities in Gaithersburg, Poolesville, and Mt. Airy.

Steamman

Mar 7, 2017
    Frederick
    In Thurmont is the Thurmont Sportsman’Club. Mt Airy Izzak Walton does have 50,100,200 and 300 hundred range.They are not taking any new memberships for a while. Cresap Rifle has openings if you are sponsored. As to the rso’s. When you are opening to public What Forrest Gump says you don’t know what you’re going to get.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    RSO was skeered of AK Guy.

Helicopter Mother took little boy to first day of school, tells teacher, "My little Snowflake is very sensitive, so if he misbehaves, just punish the child next to him."

Worst case of that shit was when my wife was teaching violin out of the house. :rolleyes: Salisbury U teacher brought her 1st grader in and he was intent on flipping the light wall switch on and off. Mom suggested for me to move wall switch! That bitch didn't last long.

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Don't think anyone mentioned the Frederick Izaak Walton chapter north of Urbana - are they still operating? I was a member there briefly but it didn't work out. Several of the Cresap RSOs were in leadership there at the time, for better or worse. I personally didn't have any trouble with those guys, quite the opposite actually, but I heard some rumblings around that some did.

In general, I can feel for the OP's situation - I'd always prefer to be out in the woods/on a farm somewhere without "authority figures" breathing down my neck. I'm actually going to talk to my financial advisor guy tomorrow about seeking ways to pull out some cash for a land acquisition in WV. The dollar is already taking a beating - might not be a terrible time to bail on the market and diversify a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom