• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Saw a news story on CH-9 last evening about ammo shortage. The lead off was a Liberal stating that we should not be storing large amounts of ammunition and we should be limited in the amount we should have. Then they lead into the story about why the shortage which was factual. They did have a gun advocate on to explain there are no Federal Laws to limit ammunition storage and the BATF does not track ammo sales. :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Saw a news story on CH-9 last evening about ammo shortage. The lead off was a Liberal stating that we should not be storing large amounts of ammunition and we should be limited in the amount we should have. Then they lead into the story about why the shortage which was factual. They did have a gun advocate on to explain there are no Federal Laws to limit ammunition storage and the BATF does not track ammo sales. :innocent0

Good luck with that. What reasons did they give?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I wonder what all of the 'haters' would say, about those shooters/sportsmen, that had the sense (and funds) to buy ammo "back in the day", when you could get 7.62x51 and 7.92x57 for $65.00 per CASE???????

A very good friend had purchased an MG-34 and an MG-42 (both original!) and bought two PALLETS of 7.92x57mm at $65/case.

He literally and figuratively 'bought it cheap, and stacked it deep'.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    The TP hoarders are more of a threat than those with ammo

TP hoarding chaps my ass. That stuff is wicked flammable. Can't believe people have piles of it in the same spaces where children play. TP hoarders should be required to build a fireproof storage facility away from their residence, and have it periodically inspected (without prior notice) by the Fire Marshall and Child Services. You're not opposed to safety for the children, are you?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    TP hoarding chaps my ass. That stuff is wicked flammable. Can't believe people have piles of it in the same spaces where children play. TP hoarders should be required to build a fireproof storage facility away from their residence, and have it periodically inspected (without prior notice) by the Fire Marshall and Child Services. You're not opposed to safety for the children, are you?

Indeed.

Most of my ammo is stored inside steel cans.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I wonder what all of the 'haters' would say, about those shooters/sportsmen, that had the sense (and funds) to buy ammo "back in the day", when you could get 7.62x51 and 7.92x57 for $65.00 per CASE???????

A very good friend had purchased an MG-34 and an MG-42 (both original!) and bought two PALLETS of 7.92x57mm at $65/case.

He literally and figuratively 'bought it cheap, and stacked it deep'.
    My hatred of him is born of pure jealousy!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Controllers gonna control.

Be genuinely funny to see what absolutely artificial and garishly unconstitutional contrivances they might conjure to ID/find said hoarders and then enforce compliance.

Hardy HAR HAR

Bahabahaha.

...c’mon up the hill. Bring a bag. A big and waterproof one.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It was CBS Channel 9 where, if you watch their promotional ads, they "verify" (their version of) the truth. I saw the promo because I watching NCIS, but I knew Ch-9 would spin the truth to their advantage so I never watched what they actually said. I avoid network news at all costs.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    If they didn’t cause a panic every few years, maybe people wouldn’t have to stock up enough to ride out those panics

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    SAAMI video on fire and LARGE quantities of ammo.

My only problem with the video is I cry as they burn over 500,000 rounds of perfectly good ammo. :sad20::sad20:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good luck with that. What reasons did they give?

I am sure none, but if you ask them, you don't need more than a 20 round box of ammo to hunt with or defend yourself (if you really are paranoid enough to think you need to defend yourself).

Sports shooting isn't even remotely a logical thing for them. Just an Ewww, why?

Any more and you are a potential Vegas shooter with your 30 guns and 10,000 rounds.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It was CBS Channel 9 where, if you watch their promotional ads, they "verify" (their version of) the truth. I saw the promo because I watching NCIS, but I knew Ch-9 would spin the truth to their advantage so I never watched what they actually said. I avoid network news at all costs.

Yup, I was watching NCIS too and I recorded CH-9 just to see what spin they put on things. Their lead off was nothing but predictable. I often glance other Fake news channels to see what half truths they are spinning.

When I worked for the LOC before retirement I had to do some work in Nanny Pelosi's Office. Her inter office has large screen TV set on every channel including FOX. Her and her lemmings often watch FOX so they can come up with lies to counter act anything FOX says.

I watch other liberal fake news for the same reason. Since I am now retired I have been an email PITA to the fake news. I used some BOTS to just annoy them.

Sirex