• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Sanchez

Jul 25, 2020
    C-137
    I wanted to speak about an ongoing experience in having with FedEx and how unprofessional it’s agents are. This is all based on my personal opinion and not meant to tarnish anyone who works for FedEx or had better experiences.

My rifle had shipped and the company had sent it via FedEx ground. To start, the driver who picked up the order made a human error and entered a delivered status instead of the traditional codes they would use. This was quickly resolved and I was able to see the movement of the package. Now the package arrived at the local facility here, and then it was delayed, now, from experience, I know when they have a heavy delivery schedule that could happen. It was to be delivered Called this morning as there was no update in movement and it changed to pending, but with no actual time frame of delivery. Speaking with the online help, and a manager, they advised me that I could pick up the item!! Joke right ?! Having explained to them it was a firearm they insisted I pick up the item if it doesn’t get delivered on time. Now do tell me, aren’t these people trained in shipping such items and understand laws when moving a firearm in the mail ?? I guess not. After speaking with some manager they reached out the local manager who estimated it would be delivered sometime next week, after carefully explaining that they are rules in place for such and for a shipping company FedEx should do better. Long story short, the firearm will be delivered to my FFl sometime next m, hopeful if it doesn’t end up as a lost package . Thank god I bought the insurance from the dealer for stuff like this and also the way when shipping such a package, more attention and sense of urgency should be focus on such items to get them out so they don’t end up misplaced , stolen or any of the above.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Its the same with USPS and UPS right now. Within the last month I have had packages from all three showing "out for delivery" and then have received them from 2 to 5 days later.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    My thing when and how do we get Amazon to adjust prime membership rates for not fulfilling their 2 day delivery guarantee? I pay for a service Amazon says they will provide but most times its not being met. So adjust my cost accordingly

And yes, FedEx sucks

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    I concur. Fed Ex Sucks!

I rarely get things FedEx, but in the last month 3 deliveries. First, my son and DIL sent us a gift (about a month ago=HOT). Sent us the tracking #. We followed it. On the truck for delivery on Wednesday and everyday after that for a week. Finally got it the following Wednesday. Chocolate candy. Had two big ice packs in it. Didn’t help for 7 days.

Second, son sent tags from vehicle we gave him to us after he registered in Virginia. Sent on Monday for Thursday delivery. Didn’t show. We called everyday. They could not locate the package. Their response: have the sender send another. Note: these were the license plates from the car so we could turn in to DMV and cancel insurance. I guess they just assume retailers will send another product. Not in this case. Tags did show up the following Saturday. 12 days from Springfield VA to Lower Slower DE.

Currently we are waiting on a tool. Vender sent FedEx. Expected delivery this past Wednesday. On truck, on truck, on truck. As of now still have not rec’d. Heaven know when I will get it.

FEDEX SUCKS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    FedEx changes the delivery date on me at the last minute all the damn time. For example - I’ll get the “order has shipped” email on Friday, the link says the delivery will be the following Wednesday. I’ll check that shipping link several times over the weekend, and again on Monday and Tuesday, still says “delivery Wednesday”. Then early Wednesday morning, the shipping link now says “delivery Thursday”. WTF? This further gets me angry because FedEx frequently requires a signature where UPS almost never does. It’s fun taking a day off work, or working from home when it’s really inconvenient to do so, and they change your damn delivery date at the last minute, to sign for a set of $60 scope rings.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup got four different delivery days for the glencairn glasses. WTF. called givingthem shit and the out of country person had no clue.

duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    I've had trouble with both fedex and ups being wonky recently. Nothing egregiously late, but I don't like seeing "delivered" and the item not being there. It usually shows up the next day, but still...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    UPS has by far been the worst. Couple months back they "attempted delivery" of a rifle. Didnt happen, the front door cam didnt go off, doorbell didnt ring which also would have trigger the doorbell camera, dogs would have alerted. UPS did nothing. Last month they left 2 silencers at the door, hidden, but didnt even knock or ring the bell. This past Sunday Fedex left a rifle at the front door. Not even in the walkway but against the wall at the front. Didnt knock or anything. I know damn well all have been signature required, and even though they arent having people sign, they still usually confirm a person actually gets the item.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    UPS is the worst.

Lies about deliveries that were never made, then refuses to refund.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    UPS is the worst.

Lies about deliveries that were never made, then refuses to refund.

I reminded them what was in the packages and asked if they would like to speak with the ATF regarding the issue. Tone changed a little and packages showed up at a decent time....well for a couple weeks.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    FedEx changes the delivery date on me at the last minute all the damn time. For example - I’ll get the “order has shipped” email on Friday, the link says the delivery will be the following Wednesday. I’ll check that shipping link several times over the weekend, and again on Monday and Tuesday, still says “delivery Wednesday”. Then early Wednesday morning, the shipping link now says “delivery Thursday”. WTF? This further gets me angry because FedEx frequently requires a signature where UPS almost never does. It’s fun taking a day off work, or working from home when it’s really inconvenient to do so, and they change your damn delivery date at the last minute, to sign for a set of $60 scope rings.

I posted my recent FedEx story in the UPS thread yesterday. Signature required shipment(it was expensive) split between two boxes. FedEx driver just drops only one of the two boxes and takes off without even a knock. He didn't notice the box said 1 of 2. Took him three days to bring back the second box and still no signature, just dropped it. Fedex didn't care that we had video of the driver not getting the signature, and gave us scans of the "signature" where the driver apparently just wrote in "covid".

I'm sorry but if your being paid to collect a signature for an item, you need to do it. Period. Wear a mask, wear gloves, sanitize your tablet afterwards. But you better do it.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I posted my recent FedEx story in the UPS thread yesterday. Signature required shipment(it was expensive) split between two boxes. FedEx driver just drops only one of the two boxes and takes off without even a knock. He didn't notice the box said 1 of 2. Took him three days to bring back the second box and still no signature, just dropped it. Fedex didn't care that we had video of the driver not getting the signature, and gave us scans of the "signature" where the driver apparently just wrote in "covid".

I'm sorry but if your being paid to collect a signature for an item, you need to do it. Period. Wear a mask, wear gloves, sanitize your tablet afterwards. But you better do it.
    I saw that. Yeah, the need to be home for something that I have to sign for, and then not be allowed to sign for it. Frustrating. I could’ve not signed for it from my office at work.

Agreed, don’t get me started on UPS. All kinds of failures in last 6 months.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Thats the norm now. No one is collecting signatures no matter whats in the box or what service is selected.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Thats the norm now. No one is collecting signatures no matter whats in the box or what service is selected.

Then they need to adjust their prices accordingly for the lower level of service. Really I see no reason why they can't get a signature. Retail and food service employees have been interacting with customers up close for a few months now and they get paid less than these guys do. Wear as much ppe as you can and sanitize whatever the customer touches.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Then they need to adjust their prices accordingly for the lower level of service. Really I see no reason why they can't get a signature. Retail and food service employees have been interacting with customers up close for a few months now and they get paid less than these guys do. Wear as much ppe as you can and sanitize whatever the customer touches.

I agree, I also dont believe in covid. I know theres a virus but what does political and financial gain have to do with my package arriving?

As I type this Im tracking a suppressor that should be here today. Usually fedex comes in the morning. Still hasnt made it on the truck for delivery. This is the hardest part of this....

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    I was not aware so many were having these issues our Fed Ex driver here in the neighbor hood is AWESOME,, Polite, Hard Working, waves as he drives down street. he is usually in the hood daily I have thanked him several times for his attitude and job presence.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    ANOTHER fedex issue. Today they assured a package would be delivered. I called when it was well past the normal time they show up. Got transferred to the manager at the local hub. He confirmed they do have the package on the truck it just missed the truck scan. It would be delivered today. Guess what didnt show up. No big deal though, just an nfa item.

Rick Sanchez

Jul 25, 2020
    C-137
    ANOTHER fedex issue. Today they assured a package would be delivered. I called when it was well past the normal time they show up. Got transferred to the manager at the local hub. He confirmed they do have the package on the truck it just missed the truck scan. It would be delivered today. Guess what didnt show up. No big deal though, just an nfa item.

You will get it between Monday through Friday, no big deal! Just another day with Fedex and it ******** way of service. Maybe Amazon should should step in, since Jeff is slowly taking over the online and shipping industry.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom