• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    Did you notice if the Winchester boxes on the right side of the shelf one up from the bottom are slugs?

I'm not sure, I'll be better next time. I work nextdoor to EC location so I can stop by tomorrow but it seemed like the only thing that has changed on the shelf in 2 weeks is the 1 box of .380

I zoomed the og pic..you might be able to tell from box

Attachments

• zoom.jpg
      zoom.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 314

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks to me like all birdshot. If you see slugs or 00 buck at WM, buy them. When I was at Gun Shack a few weeks ago, the packs of 12 ga. slugs (5 shells per pack) were selling for $13.95. Normal price for them at GS is more like $5.95/pack. They didn't even have any 00 Buck, which I'm sure would fetch a similar price.

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    It is hard to exercise your right at the shooting range with no ammo available... The point I was trying to make is that asking random people to buy you ammo, or buying a stranger more ammo at wal mart doesn't sound as risk free as going into the store with a friend or family member that you know and trust to do the same thing. How many times do things get ruined for everyone because 1 or 2 people mess up? Stalking the wal mart ammo counter and soliciting people to purchase will get anti gunners to push harder for electronic database of sales because they will just see it as "crazy gun addict stock piling for war!"

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    It is hard to exercise your right at the shooting range with no ammo available... The point I was trying to make is that asking random people to buy you ammo, or buying a stranger more ammo at wal mart doesn't sound as risk free as going into the store with a friend or family member that you know and trust to do the same thing. How many times do things get ruined for everyone because 1 or 2 people mess up? Stalking the wal mart ammo counter and soliciting people to purchase will get anti gunners to push harder for electronic database of sales because they will just see it as "crazy gun addict stock piling for war!"

Battered gun owner syndrome.

Relax. I would be glad to help someone out like that. If someone asks you, you can always decline. Don't try and convince everyone you are right.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I'm not sure, I'll be better next time. I work nextdoor to EC location so I can stop by tomorrow but it seemed like the only thing that has changed on the shelf in 2 weeks is the 1 box of .380

I zoomed the og pic..you might be able to tell from box

Birdshot. Thanks for the help.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Looks to me like all birdshot. If you see slugs or 00 buck at WM, buy them. When I was at Gun Shack a few weeks ago, the packs of 12 ga. slugs (5 shells per pack) were selling for $13.95. Normal price for them at GS is more like $5.95/pack. They didn't even have any 00 Buck, which I'm sure would fetch a similar price.

I have a 410. WM sells the 5 packs of Winchester rifled hollow point slugs for 5.95, when they have them.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

This is an important point. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking a stranger to purchase some ammo for you to skirt the 3 box rule. However, don't ask a random old lady or the Prius driving SWPL in the Obama t-shirt. We all know what gun guys generally look like. Ask them.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    anyone stopped by the GB walmart tonight? thinking of taking a drive over if n one else has tonight

hooterzurg

Redneck Democrat
    Alphabrew said:
    However, don't ask a random old lady or the Prius driving SWPL in the Obama t-shirt. We all know what gun guys generally look like. Ask them.

This.

The times I've gotten other people to pick up extra boxes for me, I've carefully considered my targets, and only asked one or two of them on any given Walmart visit.

The older gent staring wistfully into the ammo cabinet? Yeah, if they don't have what he needs, he might help me out, so I'll ask.

Guy in a camo coat looking for windshield wipers in the next aisle over from the fishing poles? Yeah, I asked him.

So far, nobody has turned me down so I guess I wasn't at CLP's Walmart.

At this point, I'm 180 rounds from my "stockpiling" goal for 7.62x39. That's either three more trips or one morning with a little bit of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom